danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220824_195215085.jpg

Added a tiny gorg cutting from the other tank, as well as both the orangey zoas (they came from the mystery box, with the fluffy x that disappears into the photo on the right)

A couple cloves started opening again. A couple long term zoa residents reopened. I miss the mushroom though :crying-face:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220824_195215085.jpg

Added a tiny gorg cutting from the other tank, as well as both the orangey zoas (they came from the mystery box, with the fluffy x that disappears into the photo on the right)

A couple cloves started opening again. A couple long term zoa residents reopened. I miss the mushroom though :crying-face:
Ya me too.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya me too.
I still wanna pull some of the blue from the big tank but they're hard to access right now. Plus they wouldn't give the same color pop the orange one did

Might happen during the tank transfer.

I do have a new light coming for this tank - Amazon, nothing too fancy, but better spectrum in general instead of just blue and white.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to keep an eye out for a nice grungy orange rhodactis or something to replace it. So far nothing. That one was originally actually a freebie that came with a different order once upon a time.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! What light did you end up getting?

Question on your old light, when it's on, you have 2 white leds in the middle and the rest blue, right? All the other leds are on? I think my light lost 2 of the blue leds, so I was just checking to see if I'm right.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! What light did you end up getting?

Question on your old light, when it's on, you have 2 white leds in the middle and the rest blue, right? All the other leds are on? I think my light lost 2 of the blue leds, so I was just checking to see if I'm right.
Lominie a20? On Amazon. And good question, I can't find my cord to plug it in and verify... I'll get back to you on that for sure. Corals are very responsive to the new light though!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated top down on this guy.

PXL_20221012_204641995.jpg

Keep getting top downs because the front has a nasty really rough spotting algae on it and the only way I think I'm gonna be able to get it off is a razor, which I'm sure will scratch it up since it's acrylic.

The "competition" is officially over, only @Mhamilton0911 and I seem to have made it to the end.

Not sure if I'm going to keep it running as my "I didn't order this freebie coral and have no where else to put it" tank like I have been, or what. A small part of me was thinking about moving it up to a slightly bigger tank (like, a full gallon). We'll see.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow I didn’t realize. I just seen one of those in person at Reefapalooza. I couldn’t believe how tiny.
Very very tiny. My only complaint is algae build up in the bent tubing from the sump up. I fight with it regularly clogging.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back