danieyella's micro baby tank

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what we're starting with: a mushroom I found hidden underneath rock in the Pico, One of the zoas that the hermits refused to allow rock surface in the Pico, & the blasto the engineer keeps trying to take with him from the cade.

Everyone's freaked out.

PXL_20220101_201245396.jpg

Edited to correct zillows to zoas
Quite the flow in there, holy cow!
Makes the mtc look like a standing tide pool, lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pnw evap is much faster, because it's more open. May actually need to set up an ato on this one.

When we build the new house the plan is cade in living room, against the wall to my office - may create a pass through and plumb all the small tanks to it. Just have a year and change most likely before we get to that point.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was worried that if I ran the PNW with the lid on the tank and the sump that the condensation building up on the plastic would interfere with light too much for the corals.

Yesterday morning I popped them both on. There is a small opening across the back of the sump which will allow for oxygen exchange and such. In theory. Lights were off when I got home from work so I couldn't really judge how they were doing.

Just came in to check on the corals today, evaporation was much much better. And they don't look upset. This may be a good interim solution until I can get an ATO set up over here. At least I won't be topping off every single day this way.

PXL_20220109_165712771.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom of this MCT is so warped... I thought I just screwed up alignment last week when I did the water change - I cannot get it back together today :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about setting up a PNW office tank.... Any ideas on stocking?

Small goby and pistol shrimp? Baby clown and fire shrimp?
I'd be hesitant to put a fish in here to be honest. Right now I have a baby snail, and I'm contemplating either a sexy shrimp or a pompom crab... But only if I can keep the EVAP under control a bit longer this way.

Aquius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be hesitant to put a fish in here to be honest. Right now I have a baby snail, and I'm contemplating either a sexy shrimp or a pompom crab... But only if I can keep the EVAP under control a bit longer this way.

Worried about O2 or ATO? I would absolutely have a full ATO setup...

Aquius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
space more than anything when it comes to fish
Why I would lean towards a fire shrimp or blenny pistol combo...

Might add a supplemental 5 gallon bucket sump in the cabinet, but that kind of defeats the point...

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why I would lean towards a fire shrimp or blenny pistol combo...

Might add a supplemental 5 gallon bucket sump in the cabinet, but that kind of defeats the point...
My pistol, while not incredibly active, was big enough when I rehomed him from my regular tank that he was over a third the length of this tank. As long as you have a plan for when they begin to become cramped then go for it I suppose, I just wouldn't personally.

Aquius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pistol, while not incredibly active, was big enough when I rehomed him from my regular tank that he was over a third the length of this tank. As long as you have a plan for when they begin to become cramped then go for it I suppose, I just wouldn't personally.
Makes sense. This isn't my first go around, but I am still absorbing the scale of this thing :p:p:p

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an office tank for me. I love my clowns and fire shrimp. Might have to look elsewhere...
I have a lifegard 4g that has a much better floor plan and would do fine for them IMO, still suitable for an office tank. I think they have a other desktop sizes as well

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back