Dart goby floating strange, been like this for a week or so

TheTruTaric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite fish for the past week has been swimming strangely, i felt it was flow but after turning off the flow i realize its something wrong with him, he's been eating well!
please help me!

Attachments

• trim.83CD0267-27E5-4B94-996B-B85B69947D4B.mov
    5.5 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite fish for the past week has been swimming strangely, i felt it was flow but after turning off the flow i realize its something wrong with him, he's been eating well!
please help me!

Its positively buoyant. That can be a result of a swim bladder disease, or gas caught in its intestines.

How long have you had this fish?
It looks like it has a chunk taken out of its tail fin, did another fish bite at it?

You may hear about "feeding it peas" or adding Epsom salts to the water. Be aware that those are both freshwater fish treatments and don't work on marine fish. I'm mentioning them because I'm trying to get people to stop suggesting them (grin).

Jay

OP
OP
TheTruTaric

TheTruTaric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its positively buoyant. That can be a result of a swim bladder disease, or gas caught in its intestines.

How long have you had this fish?
It looks like it has a chunk taken out of its tail fin, did another fish bite at it?

You may hear about "feeding it peas" or adding Epsom salts to the water. Be aware that those are both freshwater fish treatments and don't work on marine fish. I'm mentioning them because I'm trying to get people to stop suggesting them (grin).

Jay
Thanks jay, i have had him for 7 months, and just recently for the first time a fish either nipped his fin or he got it caught in a rock. Im not sure what to do, he was eating air bubbles a week ago so i figured that's what caused his bloat but it has not gone down

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jay, i have had him for 7 months, and just recently for the first time a fish either nipped his fin or he got it caught in a rock. Im not sure what to do, he was eating air bubbles a week ago so i figured that's what caused his bloat but it has not gone down
I had a genicanthus angel that would eat air bubbles also - finally had to set things up so there weren't any bubbles for it to eat (grin).

I don't know of any treatment for this other than to see if the fish can pass them.....

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back