Darth Maul Zoas

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to these? They were all the rage a few years back, now I can't find them anywhere... Did they end up being very difficult to care for? Would love to get some...

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Tidal still sells them and I would think that someone here would have some on hand. You can try going to the wanting to buy forum and posting there.

Westoncase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like a lotta people say they die for some unknown reason

Kaleb W Bellamy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20 in my tank. They gave me trouble in the beginning but have really picked up here in the past 3 months.

wkd4b11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are definitely some still out there.
A few years ago when they were super popular it was because they were coming in with every coral shipment.
They were mostly all maricultured disks of Darth Mauls. They didn't acclimate to tank conditions very well.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
They're still around as the 'darth maul' name was a catchall for any red and black zoa. You'll find a certain number are now trading as other types.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a colony of about 100 a few years ago, then sold the rock because I ran out of room.

Easy growers in my book. I think they've lost popularity because they resemble utters a bit, and utters are far more in demand.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these darth mauls? Anyone know what they are? i was sold them as infrared but I know they arent. I got some nightmare's in yesterday that look just like them but a little brighter. Does anyone know if Cb adonis maul is different then a darth maul, just renamed by cb and asking more? I will attach a pic of that to. Sorry my pic is blurry and washed out

thumbnail - 2022-08-18T145533.075.jpg images (8).jpg images (7).jpg

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know if they're exactly Darth Mauls, but they do look fairly similar, which probably means they have a fairly similar tendency to melt.

The small photos look like two different zoas to me, which is all that generally matters for zoa names, though I'd suspect one is likely a morph of the other.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant o attach this pic of a nightmare. Are these all the same zoa? This last pic is a darth maul. I have no idea what to call them if I ever sell any. I guess it dosnt matter or does it? Adonis mauls sell for 299.00 but then again that cb for ya, attaching their name to something already named and charging way more money for it! The are actually selling eagle eyes and naming them zombie eyes for like 50 a polyp or some crazy price!

I actually bought nightmare from 2 different ebay auction because I sa they were going for a lot of money and I got one for a decnt snag at 30 but the other was 45 and I have a ton of them already, just named something else haha. Do I feel stupid...DDUUHH

Attachments

• Nightmares-zoanthid-750x750.jpg
    Nightmares-zoanthid-750x750.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Darth-Maul-Paly-Zoanthids-Palythoa-Zoa-Paly-Soft.jpg
    Darth-Maul-Paly-Zoanthids-Palythoa-Zoa-Paly-Soft.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 127

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably one of the most unhappy zoa's I have ever came across. I tried 3 frags,single head,double polyp and a multi-polyp and started out happy then BOOM over night they melted evrery time. While everything else was growing like crazy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back