Dashboard and Data gave me a successful tank

ruim228

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. So I'm wondering if there may have been a way to get this with the neptune_apex module. The outputs aren't constructed any different than all the others. Did you try running this to see what it was gathering?
show series on apex;

These commands might find yours specifically:

show series on apex from "neptune_apex" WHERE "device_id" =~ /6_1/
show series on apex from "neptune_apex" WHERE "device_id" =~ /6_2/

My concern about that telegraf.conf section is that it's specific to the output ID in the payload. Anyone wanting to set up theirs next would need to adjust that as well. Managing against the device_id and querying for that in Grafana is a bit easier to adjust along the way since the data gathering would still be happening from the start.
It's not there. That was my first problem when i started to look for the dosing container levels with just the apex plugin. the only reference to the dosing container on the neptune_apex module is is name, type and state. There is a disclaimer on the plugin saying it is strict on its input to prevent any conversion errors.

neptune_apex,device_id=6_1,hardware=1.0,host=rui-ubu,name=ALK,output_id=22,output_type=unknown,software=5.10_8F22,source=apex51,type=output state="TBL",state_code=0i 1661969929000000000
> neptune_apex,device_id=6_2,hardware=1.0,host=rui-ubu,name=CALCIUM,output_id=23,output_type=unknown,software=5.10_8F22,source=apex51,type=output state="TBL",state_code=0i 1661969929000000000

OP
OP
fdevans

fdevans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Ok. I'll see what I can work out using the data you already shared. Maybe my LFS will let me borrow a DOS Container. I don't really have room for them (I'd need 2) or I'd just add them to the setup.

ruim228

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Ok. I'll see what I can work out using the data you already shared. Maybe my LFS will let me borrow a DOS Container. I don't really have room for them (I'd need 2) or I'd just add them to the setup.
Side note.

I reset the reagent bottles on the trident and the logs on x.modules[3].extra.levels[2] and .levels(3) changed to 250 as a 100% full container. that math is easy. For the waste container mine is a 2 liter and i used &A/20 to match the page. :)

Thanks!

OP
OP
fdevans

fdevans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my math on it. The "1900" is the size in ml of the container. I had meant to make that a dashboard variable at some point.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 1.03.22 PM.png

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 104 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 54 29.8%
Back