OP
ddrueckh

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool idea for substrate! I like the look and hope it works out

I hope it works out too [emoji12]. After running for 4 weeks, I took a powerhead to the rock and substrate. I blew quite a bit of debris off the rock but not much at all from the substrate. I didn’t clean the live Rock before putting it in the tank so I expected it to be a little dirty.

Westreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful system! I am considering a similar setup. I have been looking at different makers (SCA, Mode, Waterbox, Cad light....). Their tanks seem decent but their stands are not high quality compared to Crystal Dynamics. But of course, it comes with a price tag. You must spent quite a bit on it. Just curious, since you have the ATI fixture inside the canopy, how do you access the tank? Does the canopy has a front opening? Would you mind taking a picture if the canopy has a front opening? Thanks.

OP
OP
ddrueckh

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
98B3DBFB-CE64-4578-8E91-CCAA7A562438.jpeg

Enjoying the view!

OP
OP
ddrueckh

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the concept of the LifeReef skimmer. It really is a solid skimmer and i like that you can use any pump. I just didn’t feel it was processing enough water. I got skimmate, but not enough for my size tank and fish load. This new skimmer processes much more water. I get 4-5 times as much skimmate in a week than I did from my LifeReef. The skimmate the RO is getting out is just as dark as the LifeReef. I think the LifeReef would be a solid skimmer on a smaller tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back