Davy's 50 gall and 23 gall sump.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Davy, you ever think of pulling out the colt coral and adding some red or blue sps in there? You need some red's or blue in there :) Wife will like to hear that i'm sure.

OP
OP
davyr

davyr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Davy, you ever think of pulling out the colt coral and adding some red or blue sps in there? You need some red's or blue in there :) Wife will like to hear that i'm sure.
We struggle to get reds and blues over here luke as they are mega $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davyr

davyr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took a piccy of this lazy idle shrimp getting ready to go to bed.

20072010252.jpg

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always heard it was tough to get reds over there, didn't know about the blue's. A red digi would really look good in that tank : ) I should have thrown some in your package! (kidding ofcourse)

OP
OP
davyr

davyr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just witnessed my elegance coral eating one of my cleaner shrimps :sad:. I wonder if it was sick or just sick of living. I have seen it take half a silverside but never a speedy shrimp.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at it this way, your elegance is very healthy and i'd rather see that than the reverse scenario : )

OP
OP
davyr

davyr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to get a picture of the shrimp in the corals mouth,just maybe abit late as i could'nt find me camera phone.

21072010259-1.jpg

I thought it funny as it has been closed up most of the day having a king prawn feast and it has defo not shed its skin.

OP
OP
davyr

davyr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at it this way, your elegance is very healthy and i'd rather see that than the reverse scenario : )

Good point Luke but quite annoyed luke as it was always feeding the tank with eggs and it kept me sun coral well fed and i got the elegance for nothing off a mates tank breakdown. That **** cleaner cost me £12 or $18 :cry:

Last edited:

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were in the US you wouldn't mind as much but since your not i feel ya. The elegance cost around 80-150 bones here, and the skunk around 15bux.

OP
OP
davyr

davyr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind that luke,i am trying to spread the word about your skimmers in the uk.I have alot of peeps pm'ing me about BM's as people regard me as an expert (i am no expert) because i like skimmers,so rather than direct them to buy a BM i am directing them to your site.I hope this is ok by you Luke?

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, i'm not going to tell you not to do that. I would suggest getting my skimmer first and setting it up and then deciding on if you like it or not : ) Gotta test the product before you sign off on it.

And here i thought elegant corals were much cheaper over there : (

OP
OP
davyr

davyr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, i'm not going to tell you not to do that. I would suggest getting my skimmer first and setting it up and then deciding on if you like it or not : ) Gotta test the product before you sign off on it.

And here i thought elegant corals were much cheaper over there : (

Its trust luke and from what i have heard about you,your next inline to be america's next president.
Oh by the way my skimmer is in the ocean as tracking has gone stale.So i suppose you could say its doing its job already skimming the atlantic ocean. LOL

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally if its over x amt they will charge you but i don't think they will as i filled out the papers right.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back