OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly spectacular! And you have a ham with the frilly one lol.

Your PC seems to be just as enchanted in them as we are:D
Thanks! And yes Delilah really did a major photo bomb in that last video. Actually all 3 ponies ham it up at times, but Eve, the big female is the biggest ham of all, (especially when she wants to eat which is pretty much all the time).

The PC are fairly new so I suppose they may be a bit curious about the ponies.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eve seems off to me. Yesterday I saw her get sucked to the piwerhead and now again today. She was able to get unattached easily enough but she has never had that happen before in the 4 years I have had her. I also saw her hitched with her head down, again not normal for her. Her appetite is excellent however.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved Eve into a QT/HT. I am only observing her at this time since she only seemed slightly off. Tomorrow I plan to do a freshwater dip on her, since when I added ghost shrimp she went for them right away. That tells me that she is pretty strong. If she thrashes around then I will know she has ich which will be a pain in the butt to deal with but I will tackle that then and if that is the problem.

I remember last week one day my tank temperature zoomed up to 76° F and I realized that my temperature controller did not turn on the fan. She may have eatten some bad mysis and got a bacterial infection so if she seems off at all I am going to treat her with antibiotics.

I am doing extra husbandry on the DT also to insure my other 2 ponies do not get sick.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vlangel , did Eve have a reaction to the dip? Was it parasites?
No, Eve did not react to the dip at all. She just calmly remained hitched the 8 minutes I dipped her. I decided since she did not so much as even twitch that she did not have parasites. She is back in the display tank doing well.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotta ask how are you liking the sand?
I love the looks of it except that it seems to have diatoms on it every day which is a bit detracting. I am hoping when the silica is used up I will quit getting that rust color on top of it. I have reduced the light cycle some too. Its also a lot more work to keep stirred up but I am still glad I added it.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small update to report that the ponies and the tank are doing very well. Eve is totally back to normal and Samson and Delilah flirt and court every morning.

I added a new tree sponge that is a vibrant red-orange. Another aquarist told me that sponges flourish with supplemental silica. I still have some nualgi from a few years back so I am dosing that. Maybe it will help with the diatomous algae too.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back