Day 2 of QT spots on wrasse

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a black spot on both sides of tail fin on 6 line wrasse, while taking video i noticed some white spots as well.

Was planning on starting 30 days of copper tomorrow, but wanted to make sure I should do that still, or if I should start with Prazi instead.

Attached cap from video, and included video.

VideoCapture_20221111-123731.jpg

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These spots just showed up this morning, was QTing just from picking up the fish Wednesday night to go through th QT protocol.

Also picked up an Algae Blenny who still hides in PVC anytime I come close enough to look at him. The wrasse started swimming slowly through the tank all day as of yesterday morning.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was going to say start with copper and use the protocol recommended. However - Its unclear from the video and photos - what's actually going on. If you want to start with Prazipro - all good. if the spots worsen - maybe change that plan? Best of luck.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Including pic of the tank mate since I am new to this and figured it might be a good idea to let experienced reefers see them too.

Attachments

• 20221111_124605.jpg
    20221111_124605.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say start with copper and use the protocol recommended. However - Its unclear from the video and photos - what's actually going on. If you want to start with Prazipro - all good. if the spots worsen - maybe change that plan? Best of luck.
Will start with copper and update this thread when applicable.

Shall I start copper imidiately? Or still wait another day for stress reasons

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No reason not to jump right into copper.
The black spot looks normal unless I’m looking in the wrong spot.
Generally the issues copper takes care of are more fast acting, so best to start with that and do prazi after unless there are signs of flukes.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a couple of white spots on the sixline that were too large to be ich, but starting with copper is generally the best way to go. I will mention that quarantining algae eating blennies is tough - they just do not do well in bare quarantine tanks. Hopefully it will eat nori for you.

Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No reason not to jump right into copper.
The black spot looks normal unless I’m looking in the wrong spot.
Generally the issues copper takes care of are more fast acting, so best to start with that and do prazi after unless there are signs of flukes.
Agree - would this time start with Prazipro. The black spots are usually self-limited - to my experience - since the secondary hosts are not available in the tank.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a couple of white spots on the sixline that were too large to be ich, but starting with copper is generally the best way to go. I will mention that quarantining algae eating blennies is tough - they just do not do well in bare quarantine tanks. Hopefully it will eat nori for you.

Jay
What should I do with the Blenny? He is mostly hiding and he isn't interested in the nori yet. Did catch him peckong an algae wafer once but its still mostly there. Meanwhile my display has tons of food for him.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I do with the Blenny? He is mostly hiding and he isn't interested in the nori yet. Did catch him peckong an algae wafer once but its still mostly there. Meanwhile my display has tons of food for him.
Nevermind, i finally took the nori i rubberbanded to some pvc and took long forcepts and took a chunk to the blenny and he ate it, then left the tube and ate a little more. Maybe this will work out for him

Back