DC Skimmer noise

HSLSaltwater

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Messages
129
Reaction score
92
Location
Norway
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a new skimmer from Ultra Reef (thyphoon UKD- 200dc) equipped with a Sicce PSK-SDC 2300 pump.

Since the first startup it’s been coming this vibrating sound from the pump. I have tried to open the pump up to see if there are anything in the way of the impeller but I didn’t find anything that seemed to be out of place (I’m not a mechanic so maybe i missed something) the sound is not from the pump vibrating since I tried to put weight on it and see if that was the case.

It’s not the air either cuz if I kill the air intake it sounds just as much or even more.

So I was wondering if there is someone out there with the same pump that can help me check if there is something wrong with my pump or if it’s supposed to sound like it dose (I hope not)
 
Are the rubber feet on? Is plastic touching glass or acrylic?
Rubber feets. The pump is not vibrating on the outside so I assume it’s something inside that is not in order :/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new