DCs WATERBOX Shallow Frag: Coming along....

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinkin' about doing a 36" for quite a while now but always wanted a shallow. Saw these after the last show and thought it would be the perfect dims for what I would like to do. In my opinion, the 12.5" height is ideal with the center overflow. I've got it all just about setup and ready for water. The production on these are impressive to say the least. The cabinet was pretty easy to build and is substantial. The plumbing is non-glue and took about 5 minutes to install. Sump is glass has a great amount of room for add-ons at a later date. I am planning on adding either a macro algae reactor or algae scrubber. Found a pretty good deal on a Kessil Ap700 which is supposedly ideal for these dims. Wish me luck...

IMG_1002.jpg

October 2018
IMG_1582.jpg

Tank and Equipment:

WATERBOX PLATINUM FRAG 36 X 24 X 12
Apex Lite
Kessil AP700
Carib Sea Special Grade
Haitian Live Rock
Jebao DC5000
Jebao RW4 x 2
Cobalt Neo-therm 150W

Inhabitants:
TBD...

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinkin' about doing a 36" for quite a while now but always wanted a shallow. Saw these after the last show and thought it would be the perfect dims for what I would like to do. In my opinion, the 12.5" height is ideal with the center overflow. I've got it all just about setup and ready for water. The production on these are impressive to say the least. The cabinet was pretty easy to build and is substantial. The plumbing is non-glue and took about 5 minutes to install. Sump is glass has a great amount of room for add-ons at a later date. I am planning on adding either a macro algae reactor or algae scrubber. Found a pretty good deal on a Kessil Ap700 which is supposedly ideal for these dims. Wish me luck...

IMG_1002.jpg

Tank and Equipment:

WATERBOX PLATINUM FRAG 36 X 24 X 12
Apex Lite
Kessil AP700
Carib Sea Special Grade
Haitian Live Rock
Jebao DC5000
Jebao RW4 x 2
Cobalt Neo-therm 150W

Inhabitants:
TBD...

Nice tank!

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my dream tank! Following along!

Thank you for following along. It really is one of my favorite tanks due to the dims. Just had the diatoms show up yesterday. Cannot wait to get some corals in there. I will upload some pics soon.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for following along. It really is one of my favorite tanks due to the dims. Just had the diatoms show up yesterday. Cannot wait to get some corals in there. I will upload some pics soon.
It really is the best dims! Cants wait to see it up and running!

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+following

Waterbox has been of interest for me for a while. Gives red sea aquarium some competition and offer us all more options imo

Jd_bamd2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a tank with the same dims. How's the 700 over that tank? Thinking about getting that light setup. Thanks.

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a tank with the same dims. How's the 700 over that tank? Thinking about getting that light setup. Thanks.

The 700 is perfect for these dims. I like how it does not take away from the look of the tank. I was originally going to go with the Radions but thought two over the tank would make it look heavy. I will get some pics up soon. Been so busy with work and school haven't had time to take pics with the lights on during the day!
+following

Waterbox has been of interest for me for a while. Gives red sea aquarium some competition and offer us all more options imo

I've never had a a red sea but seen them in our LFS. Have to say the cabinets are some of the best I've seen. Really easy to assemble, heafty and the PVC coating is really nice. Easy to keep clean. the all glass overflow is so easy to keep clean as well. Great product for the $$$$$. I love the all glass sump as well.
lets see that full shot with rock scape and water

Will do, I will get some shots up this weekend. Finished the cycle, added a Mocha Divinci, Reg Davinci and sacrificial damsel that made it through. I also have around 14 frags which have adjusted well. Various zoas, acans, duncan and chalices.

Tierarzt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates or pics? I'm waiting on my 80.4 to arrive. Not many waterbox frag builds out there yet.

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates or pics? I'm waiting on my 80.4 to arrive. Not many waterbox frag builds out there yet.

Really loving the quality of the stand and tank. Very happy with WB. I have been getting home pretty late due to work and school so the blues are always on solo by the time I want to take pics. I've probably collected around 14 frags and a pair of Divinci Clowns. Here is a shot from last night just taken with the phone.

IMG_1350.jpg

I will try to see if I can get home sooner to take some pics of the corals/clowns with the lights on 14k with my good camera.

Burks

Toledo Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel the height is going to limit you much? I was considering a 48x24x10 tank (Zoo-Med Low Boy Frag Tank) and the height was my only concern. I do not like tall tanks but man....10" just sounds super short. I'd like to have some sand as I'm a big fan of YWG/shrimp combos.

Will be following along to see how you build goes! Looks awesome so far. Any plans for glass/acrylic tops?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back