DD H2Ocean Salt

CountrySideCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a 65 galling LPS/zoa/paly dominated tank with a 30 frag tank both sharing a 20 high sump.

Parameters:
pH 8.2
Alk 8.8dKH normally around 9.2dKH
Ca 420ppm
Mg 1340ppm
PO4 0.03ppm
NO3 0.50ppm

I currently run Red Sea Coral Pro. I am not having any issues with this salt but I am looking to switch to the title of the this thread, H2Ocean. I have seen some solid reviews and wanted this community's opinion. My only other possible switch would be standard Red Sea salt. I am not a fan of the instant ocean brand, I have tried Salinity but didn't care for it, Oceanic was solid, I did see some positives with Tropic Marin Pro-Reef, but I always come back to RSCP.

So for those who have tried DD H2Ocean what is your opinion of the salt?

Last edited:

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good salt, I don't think it's any different than RSCP. I've used both and now using regular Red Sea because of its lower alk. One thing I did notice was that DDh20 was more consistent with magnesium. IMO, they have a very similar bucket style and both made from the same place, it may even be the same salt. Idk, after using a bucket once, I never thought about going back to ddh20, Red Sea is cheaper mixes just as good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back