DD Reef Pro 1200 - My first Reef Tank

g0mgx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my build thread 1st post. I used to keep freshwater fish some years ago, but am new to the world of Reef.

On 4th October 2021 I took delivery of:

• DD Reef Pro 1200
  • Quantum Nyos Skimmer
  • ClariSea filter
  • Auto Top-Up
  • Nyos Torq reactor
  • 2 x Titanium heater and DD heat/Cooler controller
  • 2 x MaxSpect jump lighting
  • 2 x Jecod wavemakers
  • Jump net
  • Jecod DCP-6500 return pump
The tank was filled with RO water, Red Sea Salt used to get to 1.025 and brought up to temperature (25.5C). I have added live sand, rockwork and some sintered glass media in the sump.

On 15th October I added a bottle of Dr Tims Live Bacteria and then about 2 hours later I added 2 Black and White clowns. Skimmer remained off for 48 hours.

On 17th October I started the skimmer and added RowaPhos to the reactor.

So far, daily testing has shown Ammonia remains at 0, Nitrate 0 and as of today I get ~5ppm Nitrate. Salinity remains stable at 1.025.

My KH reduced to about 6.7 so I have dosed with 10ml Reef Zlements KH Buffer two days running and the KH is now back to 7.

I have recently reduced the flow of the return pump significantly to around 37 percent due to excessive water flow moving sand around (it still needs putting back in the photo).

Lighting remains off.

Have fed every other day lightly and fish are accepting brine shrimp, red plankton and flake readily.

Now I need to find some patience from somewhere...

IMG_20211023_161510658.jpg

IMG_20211023_162005848_HDR.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my build thread 1st post. I used to keep freshwater fish some years ago, but am new to the world of Reef.

On 4th October 2021 I took delivery of:

• DD Reef Pro 1200
  • Quantum Nyos Skimmer
  • ClariSea filter
  • Auto Top-Up
  • Nyos Torq reactor
  • 2 x Titanium heater and DD heat/Cooler controller
  • 2 x MaxSpect jump lighting
  • 2 x Jecod wavemakers
  • Jump net
  • Jecod DCP-6500 return pump
The tank was filled with RO water, Red Sea Salt used to get to 1.025 and brought up to temperature (25.5C). I have added live sand, rockwork and some sintered glass media in the sump.

On 15th October I added a bottle of Dr Tims Live Bacteria and then about 2 hours later I added 2 Black and White clowns. Skimmer remained off for 48 hours.

On 17th October I started the skimmer and added RowaPhos to the reactor.

So far, daily testing has shown Ammonia remains at 0, Nitrate 0 and as of today I get ~5ppm Nitrate. Salinity remains stable at 1.025.

My KH reduced to about 6.7 so I have dosed with 10ml Reef Zlements KH Buffer two days running and the KH is now back to 7.

I have recently reduced the flow of the return pump significantly to around 37 percent due to excessive water flow moving sand around (it still needs putting back in the photo).

Lighting remains off.

Have fed every other day lightly and fish are accepting brine shrimp, red plankton and flake readily.

Now I need to find some patience from somewhere...

IMG_20211023_161510658.jpg

IMG_20211023_162005848_HDR.jpg
It’s funny when you put clowns in a brand new tank, the tank looks huge compared to them haha.

parclife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi how’s the tank going? I’m taking delivery of one this weekend. Is the tank and cabinet quite sturdy on the pallet as I need to pull mine up a slope with a pump truck? Also how many people did you need to carry the tank itself? Thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back