DDR ICON ON FUSION DASHBRD QUESTION

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO I have a breakout box and some float switches coming. the plan is to add this to my own jugs for dosing CA, ALK, NOPOX, SO my question is ------once I set this up; will fusion display the DDR icon as it does for a factory ddr container? if not how do I make this happen. the alarms are what I'm after, but I would like to have the visual in my dashboard? thanks in advance.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO I have a breakout box and some float switches coming. the plan is to add this to my own jugs for dosing CA, ALK, NOPOX, SO my question is ------once I set this up; will fusion display the DDR icon as it does for a factory ddr container? if not how do I make this happen. the alarms are what I'm after, but I would like to have the visual in my dashboard? thanks in advance.

No, you only get DDR icon and fluid in remaining if you use a DDR.

If you are using a breakout box, switches will show up as either “open” or “closed”.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a well-known DIY hack you can do to trick the DOS into thinking you have a DDR attached so it will display the DDR tile on your dashboard. This hack involves connecting a resistor between two pins on the DOS DDR socket.

Here’s a detailed thread on the subject:

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. A yes and a no reply. Love this hobby. Thx I'll read this

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. A yes and a no reply. Love this hobby. Thx I'll read this

Well, we answered different things.

Once you set that up as described in your post with a breakout box, you will not get a DDR container. Breakout switch inputs are unrelated to DDR container.

You can have your float switches named, say "AlkLvl" and then when it is "open" your fluid is below the float level and that is your visual indication. You can also program an alarm using that "If AlkLvl open then on".

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 1.08.47 PM.png

SuncrestReefer assumes you have an Apex DOS too, and then there is a little hack to get a DDR container to appear. You can then set volumes and subtract DOS usage from them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back