Dead anenome

jpontier212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys i have a rbta that's fairly young. When she would open she was probably 2 1/2 inches in diameter and was a beautiful pink pearl color. I had her in my nano cube since i got her and she became unhappy. Would spend most of her time closed up. Would open no matter what light i put her under our how little light she got our the flow rate or target feeding or nothing. I took her out of my cube and put her in my 55g. It's a more mature aquarium and i thought if it's the lack of trace elements, she would definitely get it in the 55g. I have a condy and a long tentacle in there as well and are all doing well. But for 3 days the rbta has slipped into a crevice in one of my rocks and hasn't moved or fed. Is she dead? Should i disturb her?
25ae89b91a72d295094f117caec8085d.jpg
a814afbe0198d2880f66d521bc32a4b5.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had three anemone's and the last one is now doing well. Anemone are tough one to raise. I have been feeding every other day with shrimp and the anemone has really come back. The tank parameter have been steady and my alk is now at 8.12 and that would be the only other thing I would attribute it too.

OP
OP
jpontier212

jpontier212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had three anemone's and the last one is now doing well. Anemone are tough one to raise. I have been feeding every other day with shrimp and the anemone has really come back. The tank parameter have been steady and my alk is now at 8.12 and that would be the only other thing I would attribute it too.
So in your opinion, do you think she's dead? Or how could i tell? I haven't wanted to touch her or even try to go get her in the crevice she's in. But my understanding is that they are toxic to a tank if the die and remain in there

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two that passed came out and were laying on the sub-straight and I took them out of the tank. It could be that the light is different for the nano and the anemone will move when it is dark.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say it's dead....yet. anemones aren't too bright sometimes and will commit suicide - powerhead, avoiding required lighting. nothing much you can do if it's in that crevice.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 102 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back