Dead Controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chgoblknazn

Popcorn Popper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past weekend I was doing a 20 gallon water change. I typically turn all the pumps off, do the water change and have the Apex turn everything back on. When I was done, I took a seat and looked at the tank and the flow didn't appear the same. After looking into the tank, I noticed that one of my MP40QDs was not on. I took a look at my phone and logged back into fusion and the switch was set to auto as it should be. I toggled it from auto to off and then to on. There was no reaction from the pump so I took a look at the power supply and the green led was on. I then looked at the controller and all the LEDs were off. The dang controller box was dead.

I took the power supplies for both MP40s and the working MP40 worked perfectly with both power bricks and both wall adapter cords so the problem was definitely with the controller. I bought these new and it hasn't even been 2 years of use. There is no water damage and the controllers are several feet away from the tank in a well ventilated area with the controllers for my Vectra and Radions to avoid any moisture or salt creep damage.

Has anyone else had this problem? What's the warranty period on these things.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warranty or no, reach out to Ecotech and explain the issue. They have a long history of great customer service.

Back