Dead coral skeletons for.....????

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone looking for some opinions and input on future stated questions thanks!!!!
Ok so I've been doing this for a while now and always wondered why not use dead coral skeletons for calcium reactor media??? Because of course over the years I've had large acro colonies or other stonies do the unknown up and die. So back to the subjectat hand would crushing these skeletons up and using them as calcium reactor media be sufficient ?? Would like to know if you have done this or know of some good reads on doing this....????.....thank you again for your insight!

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it keep the params the same as A.R.M ?? I've heard of this keeperz! Any chance he could chime In maybe ! Thanks Troy

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah he has left the hobby for the time being.... Just search the name on here I'm sure it did something lol... Dude had one of the baddest reefs around all 1000gallons of sps in the desert.....;)

repoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it. Been using skeletons in my CR for a couple of years now. I try not to have any but it happens. Keeps the params the same as ARM. I actually have had some saved up and thrown them in with the ARM and did not notice any adverse effects.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, they are both made from the same thing- calcium carbonate. Coral skeletons also make great live rock (most good live rock used to be coral at one time).

CJ

Back