Dead coral thread

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t know if this would be interesting or not but I thought it would be cool to start a dead coral thread you post pictures of a dead coral you have and why it happened so other reefers can learn from your mistakes. If this is a bad idea you can just move on and ignore this.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You trying to stress me out?

OK have I ever killed any coral (thinking)... Oh ya, 100s....

Most recently I was looking at my tank and all the sudden it hit me, didn't I used to have an acan frag over there? Sure enough the pistol shrimp (or was it the goby) had flipped it upside down and put it at the entrance of their cave
20200907_105113_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You trying to stress me out?

OK have I ever killed any coral (thinking)... Oh ya, 100s....

Most recently I was looking at my tank and all the sudden it hit me, didn't I used to have an acan frag over there? Sure enough the pistol shrimp (or was it the goby) had flipped it upside down and put it at the entrance of their cave
20200907_105113_HDR.jpg
I got to find it but I had a sea urchin carry my blasto around and killed it as it didn’t get any light and I couldn’t I find the urchin the whole time

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to find it but I had a sea urchin carry my blasto around and killed it as it didn’t get any light and I couldn’t I find the urchin the whole time
Been there! Still haven't found that torch. Thanks urchin

KrisGeorge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost a few Zoas that the superglue didn't hold to the rock. I know they are in the tank somewhere, I'm just hoping they land in a place they can grow lol. It was my 1st attempt to remove the coral from the plug & attach to the live rock directly.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back