Flow 3D Model

GeorgeTinck

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
29
Reaction score
6
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I created this 3d model using AI to show the effects of flow in a tank. You can adjust tank size, power head placement, type (random, pulse etc) as well as angle.



If you wanted to you can import a picture of your reef including rock work to show how the rock in your tank affects the flow.



It will show you dead spots as well as where your areas are of high flow.



This is a first concept model. Feedback would be appreciated as I think this could be a useful tool for people.



https://claude.ai/artifact/JCjrnFDkCjYwR58ZSdv3Uy



IMG_2355.png
 
For the sake of discussion, I like the idea, but I am (naturally) skeptical of the visual results (but maybe I will try dumping some Reef Snow (calcium chloride flocculant) and comparing what I see to what this model seems to predict at the walls opposite the wave pump.

My understanding of wave propagation in liquids striking a solid shoreline is that much of the energy bounces off the wall sending the wave in the opposite direction, but of course interference is going to cause energy dissipation and wave disruption.

And, to avoid being Mr. Negative, this is very interesting, and in some ways, to some degree it will prove useful to folks trying to get their flow happening!

Ben Stiller Model GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new