Dead fish on the floor!!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning to my smallest damsel on the floor. I am guessing it was due to aggression with the biggest damsel and he jumped. The biggest damsel also bullies my new baby hippo blue tang. Hopefully I don’t have another like this!

IMG_1562.jpeg IMG_1563.jpeg IMG_1564.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this. I had a captive bred mandarin jump through my mesh one time. I found him on top of the mesh cooked by my lights. Sucks
Yup it suck. The might have to get a top for my tank but don’t want too because tanks looks good without it.

jerses

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks look great without a net but eventually i always end up getting one cause at some point they jump. Splurge for a customer screen and it will help with the look. i've always used clearview lids, there are several nice options anyways.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I woke up this morning to my smallest damsel on the floor. I am guessing it was due to aggression with the biggest damsel and he jumped. The biggest damsel also bullies my new baby hippo blue tang. Hopefully I don’t have another like this!

IMG_1562.jpeg IMG_1563.jpeg IMG_1564.jpeg
The best way to prevent this is a tank cover - I happen to like this brand: https://www.clearviewlids.com/

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I might have to do the same. I really don’t want to because the tank looks so good without a top/lid
PS - with the clear view lids - you really don't notice them at all - depending on the type of tank you have (i.e. rimless or rimmed) - I had a rimless tank - and barely noticed it. Also - they will do cut outs for cords, etc - so that you con't have to worry about that.

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS - with the clear view lids - you really don't notice them at all - depending on the type of tank you have (i.e. rimless or rimmed) - I had a rimless tank - and barely noticed it. Also - they will do cut outs for cords, etc - so that you con't have to worry about that.
I have a Red Sea 359 g2. Will look into that. It would be nice to have cut outs for cords

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Red Sea 359 g2. Will look into that. It would be nice to have cut outs for cords
They have pre-cut tops for all of the RedSea series (at least as of when I ordered mine)

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a custom 2 piece made by reefin ain’t eazy. Top quality and looked great, however it didn’t seal up everything and fish still found the tiniest holes to go carpet surfing through. I finally bit the bullet and ordered mp40’s so there wouldn’t be any cords in the tank and I could completely cover the top of my tank.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup it suck. The might have to get a top for my tank but don’t want too because tanks looks good without it.
I would never run a tank uncovered. Personally I prefer enclosed hoods and canopies, I'm not a fan of the current trend of rimless tanks and hanging lights. I have a red sea 130dd I stuffed a Steve's LED upgrade into the existing hood, and my wife has a 32 biocube I'm going to add an led strip to supplement the stock lights with.

ACW33

The Farmer’s Daughter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home Depot screen kit + some velcro = no jumpers
Velcro?? Do you mind explaining your recommendation? I have a screen made from materials at Home Depot and looking at making another one (hopefully a bit better than my first attempt) and could use any suggestions for improvement.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back