Dealing with Pyramid snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tyrone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tyrone

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
108
Reaction score
94
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently in the process of setting up my first quarantine tank. My plan is to move my sea apple and all my snails to this QT for a least 6 months. Hopefully the pyramid snails will starve and die. I thought about trying another clam after three months. I plan on elevating it on some egg crate so my yellow coris wrasse would have access to the bottom. I’m just wondering if this would work?
 
It's a good idea, may take longer than three months though. Starving the pyramids, manual removal and natural predators will help.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new