Dear R2R: Can We Please Cutback on the Spam Alerts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear R2R: Can we please cut back on the spam alerts?

• I already get a popup for the Question of the Day and answer when applicable or time permits (do I really need another alert as well?)
• There's already a prominent "Partner Drive 24k" button in the menu, at least 2-3 additional partner-related notices and I can't go a page without seeing a reminder, banner, etc. (so do I need another daily alert as well?)

I've already had to opt out of receiving emails because, well - they're just annoying. As much as I'd like to become a Partner Member, $150USD is a tad steep considering there's an extremely limited opportunity for me to utilize anything like the buy/sell/trade forums to offset this cost. Also, the vast majority of site sponsors aren't eligible to ship to Canada, so I can never really take advantage of a lot of the sales, etc. anyway.

If you had a "Partner Lite" for international members I'd jump all over that in a heartbeat. Just something to think about.

Thanks in-advance.

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear R2R: Can we please cut back on the spam alerts?

• I already get a popup for the Question of the Day and answer when applicable or time permits (do I really need another alert as well?)
• There's already a prominent "Partner Drive 24k" button in the menu, at least 2-3 additional partner-related notices and I can't go a page without seeing a reminder, banner, etc. (so do I need another daily alert as well?)

I've already had to opt out of receiving emails because, well - they're just annoying. As much as I'd like to become a Partner Member, $150USD is a tad steep considering there's an extremely limited opportunity for me to utilize anything like the buy/sell/trade forums to offset this cost. Also, the vast majority of site sponsors aren't eligible to ship to Canada, so I can never really take advantage of a lot of the sales, etc. anyway.

If you had a "Partner Lite" for international members I'd jump all over that in a heartbeat. Just something to think about.

Thanks in-advance.

I do wish they had a "Partner Lite" as you mentioned. Along I am in the US, the $150 buck buy in for the partner membership is too much for me, but I would buy in if there was something between the $30 a year supporting membership that I currently pay and the partner membership level.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

There is a way to never see these alerts again! :)

If you want to stop receiving alerts from R2R please click this link, scroll down to the "Opt Out of Content Alerts and PMs" user group and click the "join user group" button.

Also you’ll see a lot of Partner marketing for the next month or so as this campaign is actively in progress. My apologies but it is a major annual fundraiser for us.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back