Deciding Light Setup

PoppinPolyps

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Dimensions - 30L x 24D x 22H
Coral - Will stock some sps, mostly lps


I'm debating between setting up a XR30 Pro G4 or x2 XR15 Pro G4's.

The idea being that I could space out my lighting better with the w XR15's.

Considering my dimensions what do you guys think?
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Either setup would work good, but you would be able to spread the light out more evenly with the 2 xr15's. I have 2 xr15's on a 120 gal tank, but I also have t5's as well. The 2 xr15's light up my tank good, I use the t5's to add more light and to fill in any shaded areas. On a 30 in tank you shouldn't have much, if any shaded areas.
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Either setup would work good, but you would be able to spread the light out more evenly with the 2 xr15's. I have 2 xr15's on a 120 gal tank, but I also have t5's as well. The 2 xr15's light up my tank good, I use the t5's to add more light and to fill in any shaded areas. On a 30 in tank you shouldn't have much, if any shaded areas.

Thank you for your help!

Does this sound overkill for the size of my tank?

I will be keeping some sps however mostly LPS is my current idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new