Deciding on new fish!

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, about a week ago I got my Red Sea Reefer 250 up and running, moved up from a 15g nano. I am going to let the tank relax for a month or so before I go and add anything new besides my current four fish (two clowns, spotted Goby, and a wrasse). All of them are like a little family, they don't fight and have all been together for around eight months now. I am having issues deciding on what to do with adding fish in the coming months. I do want a tang but I think my tank may be a bit small for one (54 gallon display). Does anyone have any recommendations of some fish that should get along with the others? (Must be reef safe)

I thought about adding a pair of Picasso clowns but wasn't sure how that would go since I already have two (appear to be paired) clowns.

Appreciate any advice.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal gramma, a blenny of some sort (midas, starry, lawnmoer, or maybe a trio of fangs?), other wrasses, chromis, maybe a hawkfish? There are a lot of options available. If you were dead set on a tang maybe a tomini or a kole, but I would do some research on the others before going there.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't do more clowns, they'll likely fight
i also wouldn't do a tang in a tank that size. people do keep them in tanks that size, but i personally wouldn't. if you must, a kole or tomini would be best

i like the previous suggestions, although i'd be hesitant towards hawkfish since i like shrimp

Back