OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.....thanks. Wonder if it’d have the same result in my 1 yr old tank.

I would think if you had the nutrients to support nuisance algae in the display tank, growing it in a scrubber would be no different.

Interested to see if it eventually start growing something in the next couple of week.

Zero impact at this point. I’m told it is because my tank isn’t mature yet.
Probably be ok. Santa Monica said since i have some dry rock, that would suck up phosphates first before the scrubber gets them.

I was hoping scrubber over rock first haha.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still pulling algae off sand weekly. Wondering if I need a sand goby to keep it churned.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae has receded from rocks. Some on sandbed. I believe I’ve finally passed this issue and now have to worry about keeping nutrients in the tank. Phosphates measured .06 last night. Don’t want to skim and scrub them down to .00

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still having sheets of algae growing on substrate. Wondering if I should cut lights or get a go or to stir it up daily

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just battled dinos and won. Took a few weeks but now the algae is creeping back.
Really only care about the turf algae on the substrate. It’s not bad it just looks poopy for others. Does everyone have sparkling clean substrate or is little patches of algae normal?

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on on the Dino battle!

algae will always grow somewhere in the tank, right? I bet once the scrubber really takes off it will help minimize the random algae around the tank.
i have a 7 month old tank with no algae on rocks but always have some algae growing on the sub, no matter how big the chaeto ball gets. I feed pretty heavy and vacuum the sub weekly till white and turned over. I have been considering some sort of sand cleaner to help with this like a cucumber or something.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on on the Dino battle!

algae will always grow somewhere in the tank, right? I bet once the scrubber really takes off it will help minimize the random algae around the tank.
i have a 7 month old tank with no algae on rocks but always have some algae growing on the sub, no matter how big the chaeto ball gets. I feed pretty heavy and vacuum the sub weekly till white and turned over. I have been considering some sort of sand cleaner to help with this like a cucumber or something.
Yes Dino battle was long but we got the out it. Don’t thing my alvapora did

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 14

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back