Deepwater snowbass

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how many of you have heard of this fish before, but I have a few questions if you have. I know very little about them as they are very rare to the trade, however, I came across one at my LFS and they are holding it for me. I am assuming they are just like other basslets as far as care and feeding? I know they stay 2" or less as well. Right now I technically have no tank as its still being built. I do have a QT tank thats been up and running for awhile that I was plan of keeping him in for a month or so. That also should be OK , right?
 
It is a Serranus species so care will be similar to a lantern or tobacco basslet. The temporary tank will be just fine for him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new