Deepwater snowbass

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how many of you have heard of this fish before, but I have a few questions if you have. I know very little about them as they are very rare to the trade, however, I came across one at my LFS and they are holding it for me. I am assuming they are just like other basslets as far as care and feeding? I know they stay 2" or less as well. Right now I technically have no tank as its still being built. I do have a QT tank thats been up and running for awhile that I was plan of keeping him in for a month or so. That also should be OK , right?
 
It is a Serranus species so care will be similar to a lantern or tobacco basslet. The temporary tank will be just fine for him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new