Defective Versa Pump- just clicking/vibrating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 week old Versa pump I have been using for Alk dosing. Woke up to low Alk warning this morning and found the Versa pump powered on with lights, but not rotating. Making chattering noise and vibration felt when unit touched. Tried all the troubleshooting steps without a solution to issue.

Started with call this morning (Friday, 9:05 am/September 9, 2022) and after explaining issue, TS agent suggested following directions and fill out form he would email. Sent along attachments for invoice from Bulk Reef Supply dated 8/6/2022, serial # and image of Mobius App with same serial #, link (see below) to video of issue.

Completed that task at 11:30 am EST, and have not had a response as yet. Tried a few calls in and TS message said 2 minute wait, but call stalled out at +10 minutes with a message that I had reached after hours. Did this 3 times, followed by a return call request. No Bueno on that! Last call in at 2:52pm EST message was called after hours immediately on call answer.

Would like a response as to timeline for replacement unit to ship as this is an important part of my dosing program on 200 gallon heavy SPS tank. Looking like I am going to be inconvenienced into having to go and purchase an secondary unit to allow for continued dosing regiment during weekend that I had expected to travel thru. (negative 2 stars).

Sincerely, (disappointed with C/S and support!)

David

versa.png

OP
OP
David Gaskins

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that initially and it’s all clear (was able to blow thru that loop. I had an old Bubble Magnus DP laying around (only the pump works) and it’s had no issues drawing from canister and thru the existing hosing. No Joy on this……

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that initially and it’s all clear (was able to blow thru that loop. I had an old Bubble Magnus DP laying around (only the pump works) and it’s had no issues drawing from canister and thru the existing hosing. No Joy on this……
To clarify, mine was in the dosing tube inside of the pump itself.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back