Defining R2R Values...what are the things you love most about Reef2Reef?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!

We highly value each of you as members of our community! You will notice by now that we've been hard at work trying to make Reef2Reef even better with the recent upgrades (and we're still working on tweaking those upgrades for the best possible experience). However, we remain committed to the great community values that have been the backbone of all that makes R2R a great place for hobbyists of all levels. We love our community, and we plan to keep pursuing excellence in all the ways that we know how! But we need your help!

Would you do us a favor and answer the following questions?
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com?
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back?
  3. What do you think others like about R2R?
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve?
Thanks!! You are what makes R2R awesome!

Daniel

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Abundance of knowledgeable, friendly, and active members in the community.
2. I like seeing ideas other people are implementing to potentially try myself, I also like helping people who are struggling or simply have some questions to improve their reef. I keep coming back because there’s always something new to learn on here everyday.
3. Pictures
4. N/a

jaxredsoxfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com?- I like helping folks and receiving help when I need it. I've been on numerous sites and this is by far the best one for the knowledge and the willingness to help others. We all love this hobby and its cool to share! I learn a lot just from reading other's posts. Also access to some of the pillars of the reefing community with vast experience is really cool.
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back? Almost always someone has an experience like what you are going thru. Very friendly and active community.
  3. What do you think others like about R2R?- Again combo of the above.
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve? Honestly just keep up the good work. I don't have anything specific that needs improving. Once all the site changes are complete I think it would be good to revisit the question.
Just the fact you guys posted this thread is evidence of why R2R is successful.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com? VERY POSITIVE AND FORTHCOMING
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back? THE COLLABORATION WITH OTHERS, EDUCATING OTHERS AND GETTING EDUCATED BY OTHERS, MARKETPLACE AND MEMBER RECOGNITION THROUGH BADGES NOT TO MENTION PROMOS AND GIVEAWAYS
  3. What do you think others like about R2R? THE ADVICE, WARM WELCOMES, RECOMMENDATIONS AND SEEING OTHER MEMBER TANKS
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve? THE NIGHTLY NEWSLETTER. REALIZING IT IS SUMMER, SOME SUBJECT MATTER REPEATS ITSELF OR WAS A PREVIOUS TOPIC, BUT AGAIN, WE HAVE NEW MEMBERS WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN TOPICS SO NICE TO SEE THEM GAIN INFO.
Thanks!! You are what makes R2R awesome! R2R MAKES US AWESOME ALSO , OTHERWISE WE WOULDNT BE HERE EITHER.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com? Amazing is the best word I can think of. This forum and its users are next to nothing short of a miracle.
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back? What keeps me coming back? Well I'm a mod here, if I didn't come back the forum would probably spiral into chaos! ;Hilarious but in all seriousness, the community keeps me coming back. The friendly users and the friends I have made here.
  3. What do you think others like about R2R? I think others like the feeling of welcome when they're on the forum. You feel like you're at home and wanted here.
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve? Areas to improve, just little tweaking of the new forum :) and who the heck is @Daniel@R2R ??!!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don’t think I’d be as successful or have such a great looking tank without R2R. Anytime I’ve had a question, I’m typically answered within a few minutes. Makes you feel better when you’re freaking out to have someone at least acknowledge that it sucks, even if they don’t have an answer themselves. I see on other sites where someone will have tried to get someone’s attention for days to no avail.

I love how friendly everyone is. Everyone wants to give and help. It makes for a great culture and makes me feel like I’ve picked a good hobby.

Questions I have and friends. Sometimes I realize I haven’t talked longer than I realize and someone tags me. Makes me feel good to see that other people want everyone to stay active.

For some people I think it’s just the sense of community. For others it’s the help and then the desire to give back.

I sometimes struggle to find an answer for something. I hate to ask a question that I’m sure has been asked 100 times, though no one ever seems to mind. So perhaps improving the search engine or adding a tagging system for questions. (That May already exist and just isn’t widely used.)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the wonderful input, guys! We're excited about the goals we're setting for R2R as we continue to move forward, and you guys are the reason this community is what it is! Please keep the input coming!

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This place is just the best! The only thing that comes to mind is increasing the max resolution uploaded pictures get downscaled to. This is such a visual hobby, I think often times the downscaling of pictures doesn't do justice to the beauty the poster is trying to present.

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Reef2Reef is like a warm hug from the social side of the internet.
2. The variety. There may be a few redundant types of posts but all in all there is almost always something new here and hardly any is ever negative and stressful. I reef to relax.
3. Everybody likes to show and tell! This is a wonderful platform for people to put their efforts in this hobby out on display and share it with others who are similarly interested.
4. I don't have anything for the suggestion box right now. I can't really say do more giveaways because there are lots on here already! Maybe if you made sure I won one of them it would improve the site :) don't know til ya try right?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com? It's been very positive. The only reef forum I visit now.
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back? The friendly nature of the forum. The mods keep people from personal attacks.
  3. What do you think others like about R2R? Same answer as question 2.
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve? Less adds, less commercialization.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com? An awesome reefing community forum with a lot of information and knowledgeable members.
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back? Even that we have different personalities, R2R encourage and pursuit a respect within their members. What's keep me coming back is simple....The Addiction to this hobby.
  3. What do you think others like about R2R? The friendly atmosphere that is happening only here.
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve? I don't see any improvement at this time. I love the new look of the site, only that I can't see the downloaded pictures on the site files when I want to add a already downloaded picture. Now I have to load the picture from my desktop or phone directly.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Abundance of knowledgeable, friendly, and active members in the community.
2. I like seeing ideas other people are implementing to potentially try myself, I also like helping people who are struggling or simply have some questions to improve their reef. I keep coming back because there’s always something new to learn on here everyday.
3. Pictures
4. N/a
Ditto....

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com? The chance to help other reefers when I can and the chance to share my experiences snorkeling and tank building. And the occasional time I need a question answered or to confirm some idea I'm kicking around.
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back? The wide range of experience in the membership and that both the members and the staff are so friendly!
  3. What do you think others like about R2R? Excellent question! I wish I knew. I think new reefers are looking for help or answers. More experienced reefers are looking to share their tanks and experience. It's also a great social site with a lot of shared values and attitudes.
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve? Other than getting the rough edges of the new software resolved... not much.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com?
Community knowledge. While there are experts on R2R it is the community, and its willingness to share their experience, that makes R2R what it is. And I have to admit, I'm still routinely shocked when I find out members with no banners or public accolades are actually pioneers of the hobby. I'll never forget a fairly experienced member arguing with @Hans-Werner about dosing trace elements. Yup, he may not have any banners under his name but that would be Hans-Werner Balling. Google the "Balling Method" if you are still lost. If you are on R2R and you are basing who you take advice from by the number of banners under their name you could be missing out on some of the best resources available in the hobby.

What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back?
Definitely the friends I've made here. Life has kept me busier than I would like lately and I've missed the friends I've made through daily contact on R2R. I've met very few of them in person but they are all special to me in different ways.

What do you think others like about R2R?
Live sales. I can tell from the lag it generates on the server whenever there is a live sale. :rolleyes:
Fortunately, the latest upgrade seems to have helped with that. :)

What do you think are areas we could improve?
I think @revhtree and @mdbannister hey wait.. @mdbannister umm @Daniel@R2R could update their build threads more. ;Troll:p

BadFish619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 friendliness – most forums are full of know it alls who condescend rather than help. This place makes you feel at home no matter your skill level or question.
#2 knowledge – plenty of knowledge here and easy to access with the search feature

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4. What do you think are areas we could improve? Areas to improve, just little tweaking of the new forum :) and who the heck is @Daniel@R2R ??!!

Er....uh.....the artist formerly known as Prince....MdBannister! :p

1. One word....family. It really is like a big family here...even down to the occasional family squabble. :D:)

2. The knowledge I gain here every day, the numerous friends I've made here, the chance to see some awesome tanks that give me a goal to shoot for.

3. I think it's primarily because of the help that's immediately available when needed but the fellowship with fellow reefing addicts is a big factor too.

4. I wouldn't have the foggiest! There's not a site to really compare to.....it's a unique place on the web.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What do you think defines your experience on Reef2Reef.com?
    1. Helpful attitudes, genuine care and curiosity
  2. What are the things you like best about participating in our community? What keeps you coming back?
    1. Learning so much about topics I am not well-versed at, sharing knowledge with those on matters I am well-versed with. It is great to give back!
  3. What do you think others like about R2R?
    1. Wealth of information, a non-judgmental environment, and fantastic moderators like that 4FordFamily guy
  4. What do you think are areas we could improve?
    1. We could pay 4FordFamily more than his current salary of $0. I don't have much area for improvement here all jokes aside, we are not perfect but with that in mind I enjoy my time here and hope others feel the same way! :)
Note: the last bit was completely satirical in nature and only to be used in a manner of trolling @revhtree. The opinions/views expressed therein are not truly reflected by yours truly. Any other use of this broadcast is unlawful and unauthorized and will be penalized by the full extent of absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It feels like a family. One big crazy family. I like what others bring to the table. Sometimes we connect in ways that we may not be willing to do if it was just a local reef club. This is essentially an international reef club. International love and respect!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back