Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PachecoBoston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water room has 350 gallon sump plus 2 100 gallon frag. The room is getting very wet. Should I use dehumidifier or is bad idea?
thanks

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water room has 350 gallon sump plus 2 100 gallon frag. The room is getting very wet. Should I use dehumidifier or is bad idea?
thanks
I think mold would be worse than the electricity consumption or heat produced by the dehumidifier. I use one in my fish room and pull about 1 1/2 gallons out per day.

go oversized so it doesn’t run constantly. My room is 240 sq ft and my unit is for a 4,500 sq ft space.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condensation on the wall is not a good sign. I would get some humidity monitors to understand just how high it is inside your fish room. Once the humidity levels get above 80% it becomes the ideal environment for mold. If you do not have floor/wall/ceiling materials that are moisture barriers then the moisture will be absorbed into those materials. A dehumidifier would definitely help clear this issue. If you are concerned about the heat generated from dehumidifier impacting your aquariums then I would pull the air out of the room with a dehumidifier connected to a drier vent which will keep the heat of the dehumidifier out of the room.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a standard dehumidifier in my basement fish room and it works fine. Have been toying with replacing it with a ducted portable AC unit with a dehumidification option. That way heat and water goes out of the exhaust pipe.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back