Dehumidifier Options

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have been using a SanteFe MD33 in wall whole house dehumidifier in my fishroom and it was working fantastically until it stopped working. I picked this up brand new on. Facebook marketplace place for $200, so I don’t feel bad but can you imagine spending $2k on a dehumidifier that is not serviceable or repairable? Anyway, I don’t want or have space for one that is on wheels or that will sit on the floor of my fish room. I am thinking something these (picture attached). But, anyone use something like this?

1) any recommendations
2) is there a quieter option?
3) is there an option to vent the heat outside ?

Thanks,
Chris
 
IMG_2274.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new