OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased with an upgrade to 150 gal total volume in mind, but right now it's on a 75 gal with 20 gal sump

And you don't think it's oversized at all for that system? Because I had "heard" Deltec is pretty accurate with their skimmer ratings and the 1455 starts at 200 gallons. Just wondering.

Man, I hate buying new skimmers! Too many options, sizes and shapes. I just want to know which shape works best (thought it was a cone) and go with that. It's almost as bad as water changing, lol.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you don't think it's oversized at all for that system? Because I had "heard" Deltec is pretty accurate with their skimmer ratings and the 1455 starts at 200 gallons. Just wondering.

Man, I hate buying new skimmers! Too many options, sizes and shapes. I just want to know which shape works best (thought it was a cone) and go with that. It's almost as bad as water changing, lol.

Oversized for my current system, yes. For a 150 gal system, a skimmer with a 6" neck, nope.

This is what Adam selected for me when he was running Deltec here in the states.

leicaguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Deltec SC2060, I really like it currently on a 125 sps tank and it skims like a beast The skim mate is stinky !
I also have a Royal Exclusive 250 , which I also like, in fact I love it, so its like choosing between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini !
Good luck ....but I can tell you these are my favorite skimmers and I started out 45 years ago with a lime wood air stone and cylinder then onto a Tunze system from Germany when I lived in Europe used almost everyone these are my two favorites

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the 1456 (DC) skimmer in my Red Sea Reefer 525xL and I love the skimmer...

...but I hate the DC pump. The pump controller died and I've been waiting three weeks for a replacement. I would avoid the DC version. That said, the skimmer itself is awesome and is a very set and forget piece of kit.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to trying the
1351 AC version, like the simple design with no small plastic tabs, brackets... to break. Would like to know size of foot plate, info is lacking compared to BK

Byron malta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone own the i series of deltec? How do you find them? Noisy? Good skimate?

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone own the i series of deltec? How do you find them? Noisy? Good skimate?

That's the new line, right? The i and ix?

Deltec had Jebao making their DC pumps for the previous SC line of skimmers, which is why most folks say to avoid the DC version. But I'm curious if Deltec now makes their own DC or it's still Jebao. I've had my eye on the newer 1000ix (ac). But I don't know if it's worth changing from a new 1455 ac version.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Byron malta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the new line, right? The i and ix?

Deltec had Jebao making their DC pumps for the previous SC line of skimmers, which is why most folks say to avoid the DC version. But I'm curious if Deltec now makes their own DC or it's still Jebao. I've had my eye on the newer 1000ix (ac). But I don't know if it's worth changing from a new 1455 ac version.
If im not mistaken, the difference between 1000ix and sc1455 is the overflow safety feature and the i series have a hollow bottom for better contact time

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Byron malta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one do you recommend AC/DC?
I’m aware of the original DC pumps having issues but the new Jebao appear to be more reliable
I just ordered the 1000i which has a dc pump to replace my NOISY hydor. In my setup i have a Jebao return pump and im very happy with it. Its very silent and till now did a very good job. So if the pump in the new 1000i is jebao I would be happy aswell

Byron malta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the 1000i which has a dc pump to replace my NOISY hydor. In my setup i have a Jebao return pump and im very happy with it. Its very silent and till now did a very good job. So if the pump in the new 1000i is jebao I would be happy aswell
I chose the dc because the pump is adjustable a pulls a bit more air in

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nearly 18 months ago I’ve posted here about having a Deltec SC1660 working for 2 years flawless.
Today I should let you guys know that it’s still working not stop and with zero issues to register... :)
In fact the only thing I’ve ever touched is the collection cup!!!

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them all listed on my site and in stock:) Whisper silent, and extremely hard to beat. Please let me know if you have any questions on specifics

https://battlecorals.com/collections/deltec

Hey...

When I asked you about the ac/dc SC series over a year ago, you said to avoid the dc because there were issues with the Jebao pumps on the dc models.

Is Jebao still supplying the dc pumps for the new line? Do you notice any differences between the operation of the ac and dc? And are the ac pumps the same as the previous SC line that were built on the Aqua Bee pump?

Hopefully they made the red screw a bit more durable this time, lol.

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nearly 18 months ago I’ve posted here about having a Deltec SC1660 working for 2 years flawless.
Today I should let you guys know that it’s still working not stop and with zero issues to register... :)
In fact the only thing I’ve ever touched is the collection cup!!!

What size tank? I was torn between the 1455 and 1660. I went with the 1455 because I heard "stories" about over sizing Deltecs. So I stayed in the range of the tank, but wanted the 1660. Do you have it oversized or is it within the suggested range?

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? I was torn between the 1455 and 1660. I went with the 1455 because I heard "stories" about over sizing Deltecs. So I stayed in the range of the tank, but wanted the 1660. Do you have it oversized or is it within the suggested range?

I believe it’s the correct size for my 100G system. I also believe that a oversized skimmer it’s not a good choice.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back