Deltec Skimmers Any Good?

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the new line, right? The i and ix?

Deltec had Jebao making their DC pumps for the previous SC line of skimmers, which is why most folks say to avoid the DC version. But I'm curious if Deltec now makes their own DC or it's still Jebao. I've had my eye on the newer 1000ix (ac). But I don't know if it's worth changing from a new 1455 ac version.

I’m looking for a new skimmer and also want to learn more about the dc version reliability.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 1000i from Adam at battlecorals, I recommend him, fast response and great customer service.

The skimmer is much smaller than my vertex omega 180, I almost though I got the 600i. Started it up and already making foam with the pump on the lowest setting (as manual states). Love the self cleaning neck, the drain hose, small foot print and most off all it is silent ! Granted it’s only an hour or so, I am happy thus far.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 1000i from Adam at battlecorals, I recommend him, fast response and great customer service.

The skimmer is much smaller than my vertex omega 180, I almost though I got the 600i. Started it up and already making foam with the pump on the lowest setting (as manual states). Love the self cleaning neck, the drain hose, small foot print and most off all it is silent ! Granted it’s only an hour or so, I am happy thus far.
Does that one have the DC pump?

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you speak with Adam about the reliability of the DC? I heard they had high failure rates in the past perhaps they solved the issues?

He did mention that and he preferred the ac models. But this is a new pump from jaebo and he hasn’t replaced a pump in a while, making me think they figured out the issue. Also Adam told me he has extra pumps and parts on hand, so I felt confident if an issue appeared I wouldn’t be lost looking for parts.

96AEB564-1880-4BA2-8AF0-335EF49C4625.jpeg

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club! I had an AC sc1350 on a previous tank and have a DC 600i now. No issues with the DC pump, it's been running quietly since September or so.
20190104_203824.jpg

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me the DC version has been a little quieter, but that could be due to it being the new model skimmer body. The AC version was still very quiet, with either the only noise I hear is the air draw, and that's if listening for it.

They are like white noise in an office building, it's so slight that I notice when it's off rather than on. My tank is in my home office/den, the skimmer is close enough to silent inside the stand where it doesn't interfere with conference calls, TV, etc.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about 3 weeks in and I love it! Really robust and easy to tune, my skimmate is always dark. Super quiet and the built in neck cleaner is really a game changer for me. Just spin it every other day, drain as needed and I haven’t needed to remove the cup since installation. On my previous skimmer 2x a week and if I got lazy my skimmer lost efficiency and and my nutrients level would rise.

tonyespinoza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an older thread!

Setting up a 350g display and considering Deltec for skimmers... Reached out to Adam based on the recommendations and it seems he's not stocking them anymore and referred me to Deltec for further info.

Strange that Maine Depot seem to become "exclusive" and no longer has them listed on their site? Makes me worry about parts availability.

Most importantly I'm curious to hear the longer term results with these. Anyone still loving their Deltec? BTW, they are recommending the 2000i in case anyone has any direct experience I'd appreciate any and all insights!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the generation prior to current and am still a big fan after almost four years of use (two different models on two different tanks). They just work. As for parts availability, it is dismal at best. I needed an impeller a couple years ago and couldn't get one. Adam said he had one on the way, that went on for at least two months if not longer, Deltec sent one, same story, and I also ordered one from a retailer abroad (it actually arrived). The others showed up as well (beyond late) so I ended up with spares but it was a gaggle. Support is the only negative, the performance has been great.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Deltec is working very well. It does concern me about parts availability with the brand. I have a spare pump for my sc1455. Starting to think I should start hunting down a spare impeller based on @madweazl experience. Those are the two parts most likely to break, imo. Deltec availability seems to vary over the years here in the states. Not sure why that is. It really is well made stuff and worth the premium if you ask me.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a shame if Adam is no longer carrying Deltec. His service is top notch. :(

He is a pleasant dude and I'd get corals from him in a heart beat but his ability to obtain replacements parts is poor at best. Most are drop shipped from Deltec and there in lies the problem. The supply chain here just sucks which is unfortunate.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh agreed... he was very helpful in getting me some replacement parts for my used SCA-1351. In fact, my next large retail purchase of Acros will be in the form of one of Adam’s Battleboxes. :)

tonyespinoza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. Sounds like if I were to buy one I should make sure and get 1) spare pump 2) spare impeller... or just accept that Deltec isn't fully supporting customers in the US like they do in Europe?...

schaNYC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Appears Deltec is distributing in the US themselves now, which explains why it disappeared from Marine Depot and perhaps from Battle corals. This is great for after market parts availability I assume. I was leaning toward the NYOS 160 until I discovered the Deltec 600i.

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an older thread!

Setting up a 350g display and considering Deltec for skimmers... Reached out to Adam based on the recommendations and it seems he's not stocking them anymore and referred me to Deltec for further info.

Strange that Maine Depot seem to become "exclusive" and no longer has them listed on their site? Makes me worry about parts availability.

Most importantly I'm curious to hear the longer term results with these. Anyone still loving their Deltec? BTW, they are recommending the 2000i in case anyone has any direct experience I'd appreciate any and all insights!

Any replacement parts that you may need you can contact [email protected] and we will get them right over to you!

Deltec USA
(954)-596-2800
www.deltecdirectusa.com

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Deltec is working very well. It does concern me about parts availability with the brand. I have a spare pump for my sc1455. Starting to think I should start hunting down a spare impeller based on @madweazl experience. Those are the two parts most likely to break, imo. Deltec availability seems to vary over the years here in the states. Not sure why that is. It really is well made stuff and worth the premium if you ask me.
Thank you for the support! Any replacement parts that you may need you can contact [email protected] and we will get them to you straight away!

Deltec USA
(954)-596-2800
www.deltecdirectusa.com

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back