Deltec skimmers no long available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I went to check out the Deltec lineup of skimmers on MD today and noticed that all of the skimmers from the 1660 and down are no longer on the site. Will they be available in the future or are they going a different direction?

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I went to check out the Deltec lineup of skimmers on MD today and noticed that all of the skimmers from the 1660 and down are no longer on the site. Will they be available in the future or are they going a different direction?
ohh I just bought one from them 4 months ago have not started using it yet

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Battlecorals.com Have the neww deltec skimmer available..Adam at bc can help which skimmer would be best for your particular needs..

Adam had a page on his site with the models and prices. The page went away when Marine Depot started selling it. That's great that he is still selling it. He provides great service.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

We would like to announce some new stuff coming soon to Marine Depot in this thread. We are working out the details now. You are asking questions about things happening in real time. ;) Stay tuned.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see manual neck cleaners on the new line so maybe @MarineDepot can speak to that?

All the new models we'll carry now include the manual self-cleaning heads. Which is smart because they are super-handy and a bit of a brand differentiator! We are working to get updated product photographs that better illustrate the new lineup. We followed up on that this morning.

What is a manual self cleaning head?

Here is an example:

DELTEC-SCA-1455H-Internal-Skimmer-with-Manual-Self-Cleaning-Head-94.jpg

You can see how it works around 1:30 in this video (from 2017):

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back