Deltec USA Protein Skimmers: Q & A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for your help.
It's says tuen the water level adjuster in or out until the fine air bubbles start bursting-approximately halfway up the cup riser tube.

Is that the neck? Or above the neck?
Yes, the neck. But you can adjust based on your preference for wet skimming or dry.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am Concerned ABOUT the Quality built of the acrylic Reviews say its raelly NOT as good as other brands, Cannot Justify paying more MONEY if Its Not up to What I would expect in a 600 plus skimmer. See Reefbum review>
I'm pretty sure most skimmers are made from the same material. These are skimmers, they're not under any type of pressure that would have a negative impact on performance. I have an older Deltec ac skimmer that's still going strong and I bought it second-hand. These skimmers are great and very easy to use and clean. I can't say that for all skimmers. I don't like a lot of moving parts on skimmers, just means more stuff will break. But I know everyone's comfort level with how much they want to spend is different, so to each their own.

vanthereeferman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same input/silencer on the skimmer. You can use two different size hoses/tubing, one that fits the silencer, then you can skip that into a larger diameter vinyl tube that runs outside. You just need to bring in fresh air.
Hi
Do you have a picture of where to hook up the fresh air tubing? Does this setup still allow the overflow feature to continue to work? Thanks

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi
Do you have a picture of where to hook up the fresh air tubing? Does this setup still allow the overflow feature to continue to work? Thanks
Sorry, no picture. You have to remove the curved piece in order to use outside air, so you lose that safety feature once it’s removed. You simply connect tubing to the top of the silencer where the curved piece normally goes.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking for a skimmer for my 180g reef, 70g frag tank and sump. Total volume ~290g.

I was looking at the Black 1.5 and the regular 1500.

I currently run a reef octopus 150 with a fresh air line attached. Is this an option on either of these skimmers? I think its a 1/2” id line.

What do you think the best option would be?

Thanks

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back