Dendroneftia. Attempt #2.

Andrey Grodno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had the opportunity to buy dendronephthia again. The shipment was from Indonesia. In my aquarium dendronephthia appeared 12.03.2023. This is the second attempt. The first time the story lasted a year. This is a very good result, but I want more. )). The last time the colony started to degrade, but then I managed to make it grow. But then my aquarium started to leak. And the whole system collapsed. Let's see what happens this time. In addition to dendronephthia, I bought scleronephthia. But it is in a very bad condition. It hasn't opened polyps for two weeks now. Only occasionally. And not for long. Anyway, the story begins. ))

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

IMG_0141.JPEG 1678619456923263.jpg

World Citizen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in! I have the same species, same size and also got it I think 1 or 2 months ago.

I have it hanging sideways on rock halfway down the tank. It gets about 100 to 150 par I think.
It gets medium to high flow. It is waving around.

I feed Dupla Calanus, Reefroids, frozen plankton, copepods, home grown Artemia naupoli.

It tends to be deflated in de morning, and starts rising when the light come on. It extends beautiful.

I'll make some pics and a video later. I would love to see your progress and anything you want to say about it.

A zoomed pic from a week or so ago:
full

World Citizen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so to give some more info on my situation:

I have it in this place. It gets light and flow. I think I must say I give it pretty much light and flow. It is waving around a fair bit.
dendro.png

I think it needs this because it opens up during daytime and closes in the night. It's pretty amazing to see this thing shrink to a dime or 2.

In daytime It has it's tentacles fully out. It does not seem to matter the flow. He is fine from stem to tip. I !THINK! it rather want's cyclops size food instead of things like Reefroid. But I feed it all. I keep some gorgonians and test the hell out of food types.

I think this is a healthy state. Central daytime, fully extended as far as I can ascertain.
dendro2.png

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back