OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only been dosing around 15ml of both ca and alk everyday in the morning but I'm tired of dosing manually. Just went ahead and ordered the wifi coral box doser. For the price, I really couldn't say no. I will be reviewing it on here as well.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was a little tough for me. I recently noticed my cosmetus wrasse has been really picking on my small tamarin wrasse which is of course my favorite :eek: I decided to try and part with the cosmetus but there was just no way of getting him out. Later in the day, he got into again with the yellow tail and he got pretty beat up to the point that I was able to just carefully just scope him out of the tank. As much as I hate to see him go, he is off to my moms 50 gallon cube. At least I'll be able to see him:D

IMG_1199.JPG

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral box wifi doser just came in :D pretty small I must say.

IMG_1207.JPG

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say I was very surprised when I opened the package. It was packaged well and appears to be well built which usually you don't see when the price is so low. Unfortunately I doubt I will have time to get it up and running but for the mean time here are some pictures of the unit.

IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from me setting up the doser. Today was just a bad day for my aquarium. My cosmetus wrasse had beat my Wyoming clown to such an extent that he died not too long ago. All his fins were torn, red marks on his skin, and he had been breathing heavily. I got so annoyed with this wrasse that I opted for the one way to get him out and that was with a mini hook. It's used for those moments where I have no where to turn and I luckily got him in one try. He is now living in my sump until further notice. What was weird is that as soon as I got the wrasse out both of my clowns started finally swimming throughout the whole tank. But then the Wyoming clown took a turn for the worse, he erratically started swimming around and nudged himself into a rock and I saw the hermits just now snacking on him. Trying to stay positive but I guess all reefs have their ups and downs. Feel free to share your ups and downs.

Rip to my clown:(

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The entire set up was sold minus a few equipment. New build is coming but this time in the living room!

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the color from those T5s! What bulb combination is this?

New build has the same bulbs. In the picture it’s just blue plus and purple plus. I usually run much whiter.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back