• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dense pod-filled Chaeto $20 quart shipped

sjeff35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got enough posts to be able to respond to this thread.

I got a bag from Syntax about a month ago. Great stuff, fast shipping. You can't go wrong ordering from him!

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my 2 bags of chaeto yesterday, it's way better than I could imagine. Packaging is top notch, 2 separate bags for each chaeto and came in fresh with live copepods and little critters that's so beneficial for my reef tank. I highly recommend that you buy from Syntax1235 it's clean and healthy with full of life.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some Cheato if you have more with pods please pm me and I’ll shoot you PayPal

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have Cheato ready ill take some as well please and thank you

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the positive comments! Please pm me if you are interested in chaeto. It’s much easier for me to keep track of orders that way.

Lillken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great looking pod infested cheato thanks again let me know when you have more. [emoji106][emoji106]

VelocityTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your Chaeto looks amazing. You mentioned you used a Flood Light from Home Depot. Could you elaborate? please? lol Beautiful chaeto. Do you use Filter Socks on your sump? Air stones to churn the chaeto? What flood light specifically?
thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your Chaeto looks amazing. You mentioned you used a Flood Light from Home Depot. Could you elaborate? please? lol Beautiful chaeto. Do you use Filter Socks on your sump? Air stones to churn the chaeto? What flood light specifically?
thanks in advance!

I use a 40b as a sump and have my return and skimmer in the first compartment, it so happens that I also have a basketball sized ball of chaeto towards the center of the sump, which is my first chamber, right before three baffles that lead to a small last chamber that contains a heater, apex probes and ato sensor. My chaeto does not tumble, it actually doesn't move at all! The bottom of my chaeto is full of small white fan worms and I rarely touch it. I only trim the chaeto from the top, it grows very fast and my tank is always lacking in iron and the other trace elements needed to grow chaeto. I used to use Triton, but due to availability issues I switched to ATI and have not noticed a difference between the products.

I can't remember the exact model of my light, I'll post if I can find it, but it is just a home depot 65 watt led flood light with a cheap metal reflector that runs about 12 hours a day. The light seems to have enough punch to keep the chaeto at the bottom of the clump happy.

After two weeks of not trimming the chaeto it begins to grow out of the water. I really have no idea why it grows the way it does. I feed my tank fairly heavily and almost never have any measurable Nitrate, I do run about .03 p04.

Oh, and no filter socks, I'm way too lazy to clean them regularly. I have some detritus in the sump but it doesn't seem to bother anything. That's about it. And for those of you who are curious, I'm an acro addict... my tank is full of them, some the size of a large cantaloupe and others are typical small frags.

Last edited:

Lillken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second order from you and the bag is so full of green healthy cheato and tons of pods thanks again if your looking for cheato this is your guy [emoji106]

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been really busy so I haven’t been shipping chaeto lately. I’ll try to respond to the chaeto requests in a day or two.

Price is going back to $20 a bag shipped to lower 48. It may be more than what some others are selling; however, I’ll make sure you are happy with the product.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back