Derasa Growth pic

DenverSaltyFarm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
3,128
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy how fast these grow when happy. I took a pic of the clam at night when i can see the shell. its put on about 1/2" of fresh shell in 2 months so thought I would share

image1 (10).jpeg
 
For the first month I gave the tank 2.5ml of phyto feast every day then stopped. The par he is getting is 200 from the meter. Alk at 7.5 and 420 calcium. It’s under some downforce current so I’m sure it’s filtering a ton of water
 
Impressive! What lighting r u using?
Thank u, I’ve been running the China black box arctic T247 leds. I’ve had radions and personally much happier with these at a fraction of the cost. Currently at 100% blues and 80% white green reds. At first when I had them what I thought looked good and was bright was totally wrong. I wondered why things just didn’t grow so I bought a expensive par meter and was only getting like 80 par in th tank ;Facepalm I slowly ramped up to 380 par higher in the tank and 150-200 par low and now growth has taken off all over

5C88F680-4210-4D61-9A82-41EE57DDBCB8.jpeg


B6D570CA-59DD-4574-A2EF-A68D779FFAD6.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new