Derasa problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Surfrat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Surfrat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
23
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few clams, Deasa's and Maima's in various patterns and this one small one has always acted a bit strange. It has never closed at night ( I've had three weeks) and now today it looks like the mantle is shrinking in the shell and I can see a clear membrane with fluid between it and the shell. Should I be worried? Normal cycle for a clam? I've only had clams about six months and have never seen this

 
Sorry to say but that poor fella is a goner. If it looks like that today either by tonight or tomorrow it will be completely gone.
 
^Agree; I'd remove it at this point - it's already dead I'm afraid.
 
I would also toss it at this point. Sorry.
 
Warning: dead clam makes many gag. :) The longer you let it go, the worse it gets.
 
Darn. I went ahead and pulled and put him in my containment tank. He's got till tomorrow and then I'll toss and clean the containment tank and if that miracle happens and he looks better I let him go In this tank for a bit. Also does with phyto, just to try.
Thanks everyone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new