Design Assistance

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hate the sump I have with the Waterbox 100.3, No space hardly and it just isn't what I want. Tank is amazing, just the sump.

So I'm designing a new sump that will be custom. Perk of it is, Im designing it for a bigger system for future upgrade. Currently the Waterbox 100.3 is a 75g Display tank. This sump I've designed is for a 120g tank. Granted I can use it on the Waterbox now, Sump will be bigger than the display, but that isn't a bad thing. Will actually be bigger than the 120g upgrade tank in the future as well. I like big sumps.

So I'd build a new stand for the Waterbox with a Ton of space. Stand will be MUCH bigger than the display, Pretty much will be bigger than the 120g in the future as well. I don't have the exact dimensions yet because I don't know how big certain chambers need to be ( Drain Section/Filter Sock Section mainly and Baffles) Rest of chambers I have mapped I think.

I think its going to be 72"W, 24" Deep, 18" Height - This is subject to change.

Planned on doing a Aluminum Tslot stand, powder coated (Red probably). Open concept design, no skinning it. Everything will be visible. I like viewing the equipment and makes working on anything and everything so much easier. But I may not do a Tslot stand as honestly as much as I like the idea of them, I have NO idea how to build one myself, I've found kits, but man that gets pricey. I could build a nice wood stand much cheaper and just paint/stain it.

Anyways - I need you guys to look at the sump design and see if I'm missing anything or need to change anything. I did put in a Skimmer change and return pump change from what I have now, to account for the big increase in water volume, but I had also planned those equipment changes for the 120g. Wonder if I could get away with my RO 150 skimmer and Vectra S2 for now until I upgrade the actual tank.

Thanks in advance.
Custom Skimmer Desgin.jpg

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good! You have room for another chamber. Id personally add a small chamber in somewhere for a cryptic zone if you are familiar with them.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good! You have room for another chamber. Id personally add a small chamber in somewhere for a cryptic zone if you are familiar with them.

I am not. The pic is Not to scale. I did orignally have another chamber after the Refugium for a Live Rock/Marine Pure chamber, but I took it out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back