Design help: Daily AWC from split level mixing station

Bartanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time viewer, 1st time poster - you all are an incredible resource - thank you! I'm suffering paralysis by analysis and would like to ask for help regarding the right way to setup an AWC with very robust safety redundancy. 120g total system tank on ground floor. The split-level basement will have my 2x50g FSW/RODI mixing station w/ external pump for that gig. Regarding AWC, planning to go the Apex/DOS route but open to suggestion. FSW will be pulled 35" (max) up from bottom of storage via bulkhead (through wall) to sump with air gap distribution. Discharge water will be pulled from sump downhill to utility sink in basement with air gap.

Q1: What safety redundancies do I put in place for the AWC to prevent siphoning and leaks on both in and out? THANKS.

Here's a drawing I commissioned my 18 month old to draw...ha.

1708885510750.jpeg

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Long time viewer, 1st time poster - you all are an incredible resource - thank you! I'm suffering paralysis by analysis and would like to ask for help regarding the right way to setup an AWC with very robust safety redundancy. 120g total system tank on ground floor. The split-level basement will have my 2x50g FSW/RODI mixing station w/ external pump for that gig. Regarding AWC, planning to go the Apex/DOS route but open to suggestion. FSW will be pulled 35" (max) up from bottom of storage via bulkhead (through wall) to sump with air gap distribution. Discharge water will be pulled from sump downhill to utility sink in basement with air gap.

Q1: What safety redundancies do I put in place for the AWC to prevent siphoning and leaks on both in and out? THANKS.

Here's a drawing I commissioned my 18 month old to draw...ha.

1708885510750.jpeg
You can check out my single line drawing on my build thread. LMK if you need more help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back