Desjardini Vs Veliferum

Desjardini or Veliferum? Which one do you have?

  • Zebrasoma Desjardini

    Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Zebrasoma Veliferum

    Votes: 1 7.7%

  • Total voters
    13
I always just kept the desjardini, much more attractive fish to me. Agree that they can be aggressive. Mine would even go after my arm. Not a fish I’d recommend to all but the large tank owners. Even a 225 is too small for a fish that can easily get to 12”.
I have a 150 and most desjardini that come here are about 2-3 inches in size, max 4 so I can I not keep one until it gets about 7-8 inches and then swap it out with another smaller desjardini? How long will it take for it to grow that big?
 
What do you think this guy is? Small only near 3 inches. I bought him as a Desjardini but now I am not so sure.
IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3310.jpeg


IMG_3309.jpeg
 
My previous Desjardini. The more I look at it, the more I think my current one is possibly a hybrid.
SailfinTang2009000002.jpeg

SailfinTang2009000004.jpeg
 
My previous Desjardini. The more I look at it, the more I think my current one is possibly a hybrid.
SailfinTang2009000002.jpeg

SailfinTang2009000004.jpeg
That's interesting... I don't know enough to tell, but if I were to guess- looks like the same fish to me, maybe in a different mood..(?)
 
What do you think this guy is? Small only near 3 inches. I bought him as a Desjardini but now I am not so sure.
IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3310.jpeg


IMG_3309.jpeg
Maybe yours will be like this
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 78
I’ve had both. Djardini is a bully. Currently have him in a 180. Had a indo type in a 120 much nicer. Do you like spots? To me that’s the only difference
 
Tail color, body line pattern, body line color, dots, fin color & pattern are all the possible differences.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new