Deskmate Florida 9 Gallon build -Returning to the hobby.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About eleven years ago I started a family and had to move around the country quite a bit for career reasons. I had to give my 75 gallon mixed reef, as well as my 20gallon Elos Mini. I've missed it a great deal and I've finally gotten to a place in which I can have a reef again. I'm starting small with an Eshopps deskmate Florida. I've just installed my RO/DI system, put a new level top on my desk, and gathered all of my equipment and rock.

Tomorrow I fill it and start the cycle. Here is a shot of the tank and equipment. I know the a500x is overkill, but I got a great price on it and I'll use it for a larger tank in the future. The MP10 I already had from my Elos Mini. I may consider a smaller pump on the rear wall down the line.

IMG_7398.jpg

UPDATE 3/11/24:

So, after a slow start due to some defective equipment I needed to replace, the tank is cycled! H have two fish in quarantine. An Orange Stripe Prawn Goby we call Little Bit, and a Firefish we have dubbed Boo Boo.

More updates coming soon.
IMG_7464.jpg
IMG_7495.jpg
IMG_9367.jpg

Last edited:

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really trying hard not to buy something like this for my desk and these posts lately are not helping :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Welcome back, can't wait to see the progress

OP
OP
A

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after a slow start due to some defective equipment I needed to replace, the tank is cycled! H have two fish in quarantine. An Orange Stripe Prawn Goby we call Little Bit, and a Firefish we have dubbed Boo Boo.

More updates coming soon.

IMG_7463.jpg
IMG_7464.jpg
IMG_7495.jpg
IMG_9367.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back