DeskMate Flow Nozzle

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently came across a NIB deskmate on the marketplace. I'm interested in knowing what others are using for a flow nozzle. Also interested to know what other have upgraded their return pumps to, if at all. I particularly want a quieter return pump, but I don't want to elevate my water level in the display, much, if at all. But I certainly want to spread the flow out, wherein I'm interested in knowing about the flow nozzles that people are using. I'm new to the hobby, and the general terminology, and fitments haven't came to me yet. I found this one etsy, and was unsure of what size lineloc it even uses. https://www.etsy.com/listing/102598...f=sr_gallery-1-7&frs=1&organic_search_click=1
Look forward to seeing what everyone else is running, and any input.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some assistance

Jesse Reyna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently came across a NIB deskmate on the marketplace. I'm interested in knowing what others are using for a flow nozzle. Also interested to know what other have upgraded their return pumps to, if at all. I particularly want a quieter return pump, but I don't want to elevate my water level in the display, much, if at all. But I certainly want to spread the flow out, wherein I'm interested in knowing about the flow nozzles that people are using. I'm new to the hobby, and the general terminology, and fitments haven't came to me yet. I found this one etsy, and was unsure of what size lineloc it even uses. https://www.etsy.com/listing/102598...f=sr_gallery-1-7&frs=1&organic_search_click=1
Look forward to seeing what everyone else is running, and any input.
Immo,

I just picked up a used Deskmate and just ordered the dual nozzle from VCA. They have a cool limited edition version specifically for this tank.

Here is the single and dual option for your review

If your going to run the stock pump, the single will be fine. If you will be upgrading the stock pump to more flow. Like the Sicce Micra Plus pump then you would want to go with the dual flow.

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Immo,

I just picked up a used Deskmate and just ordered the dual nozzle from VCA. They have a cool limited edition version specifically for this tank.

Here is the single and dual option for your review

If your going to run the stock pump, the single will be fine. If you will be upgrading the stock pump to more flow. Like the Sicce Micra Plus pump then you would want to go with the dual flow.
Awesome! Thank you! Are you aware if that return pump would overflow the display? I'm currently within 1/8" of the rim.

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the VCA random flow for the deskmate. Mine has been awesome.

I use the stock pump, but if the water line is a tad higher than you want just lower it a tad? I typically keep the water about 2ish inches from the top in the "return chamber" area to keep my water line just below the deskmate logo.

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the VCA random flow for the deskmate. Mine has been awesome.

I use the stock pump, but if the water line is a tad higher than you want just lower it a tad? I typically keep the water about 2ish inches from the top in the "return chamber" area to keep my water line just below the deskmate logo.
My display waterline does not change no matter the distance in the pump area

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, I will have a bunch of different LPSs in my 4.8g DeskMate, and I have a Sicce Syncra Nano. Does it make sense getting the Dual Flow Kit that Jesse described? Also, what should the flow be set to? I currently have it set to max because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, I will have a bunch of different LPSs in my 4.8g DeskMate, and I have a Sicce Syncra Nano. Does it make sense getting the Dual Flow Kit that Jesse described? Also, what should the flow be set to? I currently have it set to max because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back