Deskmate questions

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2013
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
333
Location
Blaine tn
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a deskmate Florida 9 gallon. So far I love the tank itself, however, the filter sock is just a pain in my butt.

I think the filter socks location would be a great spot to put the media tray.

Has anyone removed the filter sock and its ring? Can that even be done?

What are the hives thoughts on this?
 
I have a deskmate Florida 9 gallon. So far I love the tank itself, however, the filter sock is just a pain in my butt.

I think the filter socks location would be a great spot to put the media tray.

Has anyone removed the filter sock and its ring? Can that even be done?

What are the hives thoughts on this?
No specific experience with DESKmate, but I have used media trays, socks, removed socks, and ran nothing and I can't guess how many different swaps I have come across. They are common, and many folks have tossed their socks and run nothing, except a sponge or similar to stop splashing and bubbles from the empty sock holes.

Can you post a picture? The hive can function better with a visual of the situation.
 
If you google eshopps deskmate media tray you’ll find one that slides under the existing ring. To me that seems like a pain. I’m currently using the sock on mine. I bought some extra socks so I can rotate through them.
 
No specific experience with DESKmate, but I have used media trays, socks, removed socks, and ran nothing and I can't guess how many different swaps I have come across. They are common, and many folks have tossed their socks and run nothing, except a sponge or similar to stop splashing and bubbles from the empty sock holes.

Can you post a picture? The hive can function better with a visual of the situation.
Sure is some pics. I’ll get better ones at work on Monday

IMG_4175.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new