Desperate about my lightning setting AI HYDRA 64 HD...

Chepre01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, maybe someone can help me finally. I am super confused about HOW to setup my lightning for my tank.
All information i can find is always like " setup how you like it. Every tank is different" or people just showing their HYDRA setups without any explanation.
Some people have UV turned on 120 or so, some on 68. I just can t see and find any systematic and scientific approach and knowledge on it?

I am not a pro, i know a tank needs different lightning lengths, i know corals can have to less light and i know corals can burn. I dont have any maths degree or so the measure every inch of my tank how much PAR is getting into it.

So, what is considered to be a good Setup for a mixed 27 inch deep 250 gallons tank to try it for a few months? Or is really just a try and error thing?

1. People often show their setup, where the tank gets ramped up at lunch time. Whats the sense of this if the natural daylight already hits my tank at 0700? should nt it be like in nature, to provide my tank with "real" times? So if natural daylight hits my tank at 0700, why not start my lightning setup also at this time?

2. Which lightning lengths/colours do what in terms coral growth?

3. 0 light at night? some % blue? moonlingh during night? mix?

would appreciate some understandable answers ;)

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The below is what I use, they ramp up at 12-2 full 2-8 and ramp down 8-10. I don't run any other lights over night above the tank, refugium light on 10pm-10am.
Screenshot_20210418-103235~2.png

As for time, well mine is in the basement, so not much ambient light, also the time was chosen as I am gone all day and able to enjoy and work on the tank in the evenings.

You can certainly adjust the green down, maybe 10 or so and cool white down to 20 if you want a little more blue.

This has worked for me, but again, everyone sees things how they prefer. The below is the BRS settings, sorry for the pic, but saw it on a video and wanted to capture it.

20210428_201515_HDR.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back