Desperate: Anthelia and GBTA are taking over!

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have resisted posting this because I really feel silly, but I really don't know what to do. When I first started my current tank,I was not proficient with keeping coral alive, nonetheless growing. Well, fast forward almost two years to now and I'm primarily(like 98 percent) sps. The tank is and overall has been doing great, but note I'm faced with a massive problem.

When I set it up,I bought a few pieces of anthelia and had a GBTA I got from a friend. Well now, they are all over the place. I've removed the rock and tried to slowly peel the anthelia off and have tried kalk pasting the aneome. The kalk paste only worked on a few, and I also tried Joe's juice. Add to that, that the kalk paste raised my alk level in the system, which I don't want to do. I peel and peel and peel the anthelia, only to come along a few days later and find two our three annoying little polyps in the underside if a rock structure. Then,a week later, that two our three has turned into ten or twenty.

I really don't know what to do. Has anyone faced this and if so, short of chunking they good processed rock, what have you done? I'm even considering going rock by rock, taking each one out and burning them with a soldering iron(sort of an aggressive banjo wand approach). I mean it's that bad.

Note2 on Tap Pro

Last edited:
OP
OP
Damon

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's way, way too many and they are so unneeded in my rock structure that I would probably kill every stone I had trying to get them out of there. And even then,I know some way, they would come back. Those things I swear re appear in the most impossible pores of the rock.

I did originally consider it, but at this point it's not even worth the money. I have a ton more tired up in the sticks and I don't want them injured.

Note2 on Tap Pro

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's way, way too many and they are so unneeded in my rock structure that I would probably kill every stone I had trying to get them out of there. And even then,I know some way, they would come back. Those things I swear re appear in the most impossible pores of the rock.

I did originally consider it, but at this point it's not even worth the money. I have a ton more tired up in the sticks and I don't want them injured.

Note2 on Tap Pro
watched the vid, many look like they are in easy spots to pull, im sure you could get $15 a piece if not more for them. IMO its worth the money but to each their own!

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back