Desperately sick foxface

RaeOfSunshine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Location
Scotland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fox face Daren is so sick.
I thought it was stress but now I have no idea. He has no unusual bump or lumps.
I made a mistake with the alk the other day and it shot up then I was away for a few days o they weren't fed but everyone else is healthy and happy.
I got him an air stone and his favorit macro but he's not eating
MVIMG_20190919_182449.jpg
 
if he is letting you hold him it's probably too late for him. The white spots on him look too large to be a parasite so I'm guessing its just sand. It could be the water params just changed really drastically and he couldn't adapt. is your alkalinity back to normal levels?
 
The alk has settled and all other levels are were they should be.
I never thought I could get so attached to a silly fish :(
I know fox face can be divas but I didn't think a Chem swing would make him so sick
 
When did the alk swing happen? It looks to me this fish hasn’t eaten in awhile and is very skinny for a Foxface. I think internal parasites may be the culprit here and the chemical swing just so happened at the same time to add to the stress.
 
That fish is venomous so be very careful handling it. I have been stung by one and it is not fun!

Are there spots on both sides of the fish? It may be ich, but hard to tell for certain. Any other behavioral symptoms? Scratching, flashing, heavy breathing, sensitivity to light?
 
He's breathing heavy and that I could even get close to him is crazy. He's is a sensitive soul and a massive eater so he is super skinny and hasn't been eating at all. Iv tried getting his favorites but he won't touch them.
What can I do for internal parasites? He's so weak already :(
The swing happened a week ago and iv got everything stable now.
He doesn't have spots both side the spots are sand because I scooped him up no unusual bumps or markings apart from a lack of his normal brightness
 
The only thing I would do at this point is try a methylene blue bath.
 
Hey guys.
Thanks for all your help. Darren didn't make it :(
He had a beautiful flushing ceremony
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new