Devs new 113g tank build

devlzluv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I came across a 113g custom built glass cages peninsula tank from a local reefer. He got it in a trade from another reefer and needed it gone quickly or his wife would get rid of it. All in all I only paid 50 bucks for it. It is built from star fire glass and has a euro brace for the top. I was really trying to wait until me and the wifey move to our new house next year but the deal was too good to be true. I'm in the process of scrapping all the old salt and coraline off. I figured this time I would really take my time and buy solid equipment since this tank is going to be my last tank probably. Driving the wifey crazy with this all over again. Since i'm making pretty decent money at my job, i'm going to build it over the next year. Pics of the ride home, I was nervous it wouldn't fit in my 4runner but it did, barely.

Tank dimensions are 35 1/2" x 25 1/8" x 30"

FHJI9280.JPG YGUU3168.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
devlzluv

devlzluv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it inside for now since nowhere in garage I could place it. In process of cleaning it up now and bring back its luster. Fellow reefer that I got it from said seals are good, i'm still going to clean up all of the caulk on the inside and reseal it all for safety. I plan on going with a 40g breeder custom sump due to space restrictions for the display. I know i'm going with a beananimal overflow box, painting the back black. I'm in debate with myself if I want to do a cls vs powerheads throughout. Going to also get custom colored pvc, reef octopus skimmer, led lighting (idk if I will build myself or not), dosing pump, 3 media reactors custom built. Will probably go with around 150-200 lbs of rock, 3 inch sandbed.

IMG_3587.JPG IMG_3588.JPG IMG_3589.JPG

OP
OP
devlzluv

devlzluv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, pure luck. I'm glad his wife told him its got to go. Definitely needs some TLC but i'm more than willing to give it that. Idk what type of fish I plan on running when I get it setup. My 46g that's currently setup is going to become my predator, I want a snowflake eel so bad! excited though because ive never done a peninsula, they look really cool when done right.

its.jojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, pure luck. I'm glad his wife told him its got to go. Definitely needs some TLC but i'm more than willing to give it that. Idk what type of fish I plan on running when I get it setup. My 46g that's currently setup is going to become my predator, I want a snowflake eel so bad! excited though because ive never done a peninsula, they look really cool when done right.

I love peninsula’s. Only thing I like better is a good cube. I’m currently running a peninsula! So you plan on running two systems?

OP
OP
devlzluv

devlzluv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love peninsula’s. Only thing I like better is a good cube. I’m currently running a peninsula! So you plan on running two systems?
Ya, the big one for fish that ive really wanted but havent had room and the 46g bowfront will be a predator because the kid likes evil fish!

OP
OP
devlzluv

devlzluv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally caught a little time to work on the tank. Work has been chaos lately. I cleaned the tank, scrapped excess calcium deposit off, in the process of getting all the old caulk off and re-doing it. Petco had a dollar gallon sale so picked up a 40g breeder for the sump. Im going to put a separate fuge on the side. Still figuring out all the plumbing and what I will need. Heres a pic of what I want the stand to look like.

tank design.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back